Received yesterday from China AliExpress
Firmware Version: V5.1.0 build 131202
Encoding Version: V5.0 build 131128

Bugs:
- email notification:
cannot set email with "." (dot) inside.
cannot set password more than 20 chars

- GUI
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) video streaming works only with QuickTime but many options are not present (like two way audio etc);
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) and Android (Chrome) many features are not present (it says "missing plugin"); and some configurations does not work; even the new firmware upgrade does not seems to work.
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) port mapping works only for the GUI, but streaming (Quicktime) does not work (do not know why) from internet.
on Android with apps (Ip Cam Viewer/iVMS-4500) with port mapping I cannot get the streaming to work from internet.

UPDATE1: to make it work in Android it seems You have to specify the so called "server" port (default is 8000).
UPDATE2: and it seems that also on Chrome/OSX I can see the video of my camera with Quicktime from the internet! Maybe it was my router fault!

- SD card
BEWARE that it seems the "File System corrupted" exception is set by default to trigger the sound alarm; so as soon as You put inside the camera a new not formatted SD card the camera will start to play the alert sound forever until you format the SD card.

If You know how to solve these problems or have something to add, suggest, please let me know here!

Thanks!

Best regards,
Camillo

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
some email services like gmail don't distinguish whether there is a period in the address so john.doe@gmail.com is the same as johndoe@gmail.com
as far as the password, a 20 character password seems excessive..but if you are worried that someone is going to set up a script to keep trying to login, just set up email alerts for illegal login and you will be notified if someone tries to login with the wrong credentials....

dalepa

Reaction score
Dump OSX :cool:

Internet issues are most likely a port forwarding, router and/or firewall issue and can be a pain to track down, and just when you figure it out, they upgrade the camera and it breaks the plugins... Been there... That why I get a basic IP setup on the camera and use BI for everything else including internet connectivity.

DS-2CD2432F-IW
2.8mm lens
Received yesterday from China AliExpress
Firmware Version: V5.1.0 build 131202
Encoding Version: V5.0 build 131128

Bugs:
- email notification:
cannot set email with "." (dot) inside.
cannot set password more than 20 chars

- GUI
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) video streaming works only with QuickTime but many options are not present (like two way audio etc);
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) and Android (Chrome) many features are not present (it says "missing plugin"); and some configurations does not work; even the new firmware upgrade does not seems to work.
on OSX (Chrome/Firefox) port mapping works only for the GUI, but streaming (Quicktime) does not work (do not know why) from internet.
on Android with apps (Ip Cam Viewer/iVMS-4500) with port mapping I cannot get the streaming to work from internet.

- SD card
BEWARE that it seems the "File System corrupted" exception is set by default to trigger the sound alarm; so as soon as You put inside the camera a new not formatted SD card the camera will start to play the alert sound forever until you format the SD card.

If You know how to solve these problems or have something to add, suggest, please let me know here!

Thanks!

Best regards,
Camillo

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
some email services like gmail don't distinguish whether there is a period in the address so john.doe@gmail.com is the same as johndoe@gmail.com
as far as the password, a 20 character password seems excessive..but if you are worried that someone is going to set up a script to keep trying to login, just set up email alerts for illegal login and you will be notified if someone tries to login with the wrong credentials....
Yes I tried that and it is working, just hope it can be solved in the future in case I need to switch to a provider which does not provide this flexibility (and also to leave the configuration clean).

BTW I did not know Gmail does ignore the dot! They are always ahead...

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dump OSX :cool:
Internet issues are most likely a port forwarding, router and/or firewall issue and can be a pain to track down, and just when you figure it out, they upgrade the camera and it breaks the plugins... Been there... That why I get a basic IP setup on the camera and use BI for everything else including internet connectivity.
Yeah, it seemed that my router or OSX woke up and I can see my camera with Quicktime stream from the internet! Good!