DS-2CD2432F-IW: Network disconnected and Abnormal shutdown problem

dodamn

n3wb
Reaction score
Model: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW
Firmware version: 5.4.0 build 160530

If the camera does not see packets on the network for a while, 'Network disconnected' and 'Abnormal shutdown' occurs in log. So continuous recording is broken. And it cannot be connected from the web browser. i.e InternetExplorer.

I have seen two threads.
Weird Networking issue with Hikvision Camera system
DS-2CD2112 Domecam: Network Disconnected errors

I make a server that sends ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to the camera periodically using 'ping' command. Then 'Network disconnected' and 'Abnormal shutdown' error does not occur.

DS-2CD2432F-IW and the server(which sends 'ping') is under my home router.
I setup that the firewall of the router blocks network packets which go outside from the camera.
So the camera can only communicate other devices under LAN.
I turn off multicast discovery option of the camera.

I think the firmware has very poor network bug.
I hope Hikvision fix this bug as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Fredrick

n3wb
Reaction score
'Network disconnected' and 'Abnormal shutdown' occurs in log. So continuous recording is broken. And it cannot be connected from the web browser. i.e InternetExplorer.
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issue with both of my cameras, and the shutdowns are very intermittent and hard to pinpoint. I'm seeing a lot of network disconnects though.

Running FW 5.4.5.

Does it work as long as something is pinging the cameras? How often do you ping?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this?
Check out this potential fix for R0 cameras, and R6 cameras further down.
5.4.5 Network Disconnected Exceptions
The change consists of stopping the new 'network_deamon' (sic) checker program that checks the network traffic over an interval and if there is none, assumes the interface has frozen and resets it.

Fredrick

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try the modded FW. In my case the error is very intermittent, sometimes it shuts down after 15 minutes, other times it takes 10 days. I'll keep an eye out.

For now I'm only trying the FW on one of my two cameras.