DS-2CD2432F-IW

wildlifecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW camera running V5.4.0 build 160530. As far as I can tell the plugins don't work with modern browsers so I can't view the stream with the web interface. I checked the manual but didn't find directions on working with other options to view the live feed. I'd prefer to use a browser to view but if that isn't possible I can work with other solutions like VLC.

Any suggestions on viewing the video stream from this camera?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try Microsoft Internet explorer (not edge) or download PALEMOON 32 bit browsers. Firefox, chrome, Edge, safari do not allow plugins for security reasons so will not work to display the video.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Try the NACL WEB Plugin for Chrome

I used it for a Dahua but did not try it for HikVision. I will try it and let you know

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Try the NACL WEB Plugin for Chrome

I used it for a Dahua but did not try it for HikVision. I will try it and let you know
Hi

I tried it on a DS-2CD2025FWD-I V5.5.63 build 181013 and it works on Chrome

wildlifecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you.

Is there any way to grab a snapshot from the Hikvision? We grab a static image every 5 mins from our Sharx cams and that is easy because they have a .jpg url being served by the camera.

wildlifecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Are the different steams for this camera documented somewhere? I don't see them in the manual I downloaded.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There are many treads you can search on this forum.

You can also setup a ftp and get the camera to store the different streams

wildlifecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the jpeg quality for that picture link? I looked through all the image settings and didn't find anything obvious.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
how are you obtaining the snapshot?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if you are able to write a script with C+ etc, to extract and save the jpg, use this

rtsp:/[camera-ip]:[port]/Streaming/Channels/101/
rtsp:/[camera-ip]:[port]/Streaming/Channels/102/

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW camera running V5.4.0 build 160530. As far as I can tell the plugins don't work with modern browsers so I can't view the stream with the web interface. I checked the manual but didn't find directions on working with other options to view the live feed. I'd prefer to use a browser to view but if that isn't possible I can work with other solutions like VLC.

Any suggestions on viewing the video stream from this camera?
Hi I had the same problem as you. You can try the NACL plugin but it's kind of irritating. What I ended using what the IE tab plugin. You can go into settings and set your ip of your camera, every time you try to login it makes a Internet Explorer Tab (within chrome) that works perfectly for me anyway. No need to double login just to launch the nacl anymore. Hope this helps.