DS-2CD2532F-I(W)(S) Built in speaker?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe i have seen this discussed before, but I see that the spec sheet for DS-2CD2532F-I(W)(S) specifically the W (wireless version) states that it has it has a built in speaker as well as mic..can anyone confirm this? The DS-2CD2532F-I(S) without the wireless function does not have speaker listed in the spec sheet..
http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9798

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can only add to the question... I've read where someone claimed the non-wireless has the wireless on board but it isn't active. That might imply they are all the same apart from firmware locked in to the eprom?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting...I see that wrightwood sells the wireless model maybe @networkcameracritic has some insight...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomscave

n3wb
Reaction score
The data sheet in the download tab also says "mic & speaker". If it's confirmed, I'll buy one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
milkisbad, if you look at the spec sheet the regular one does not mention a speaker but the wifi does...it mentions it in the spec sheet and the website description...strange...but as you point out where would they put it...who knows....someone needs to get one to test...I just ordered two for an install and would have got the W model had i noticed the difference...the price is almost identical...

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone ever work this out. I'm very interested if it has even a poor quality speaker of some sort.?

Reaction score
I've used one of those as it has the mic built in - it works reasonably well considering the size/cost of it.

As for the speaker to output audio I'm not too sure how good that would be.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If he says it does, it must be true, after all, he has a 98% feedback, maybe that's good in the UK, but I generally do not buy if it's less than 99%. It's a risk no matter what buying from China as he can offer you your money back if you return it, but the risk is that the cost to ship it back to mainland China exceeds the value of the product, so your only recourse is bad feedback, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Also, this is a hacked camera, clearly by his statement not to apply any firmware updates to the camera without his permission.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If he says it does, it must be true, after all, he has a 98% feedback, maybe that's good in the UK, but I generally do not buy if it's less than 99%. It's a risk no matter what buying from China as he can offer you your money back if you return it, but the risk is that the cost to ship it back to mainland China exceeds the value of the product, so your only recourse is bad feedback, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Also, this is a hacked camera, clearly by his statement not to apply any firmware updates to the camera without his permission.
thanks. My thoughts exactly! Hence I'd like to see someone actually get their hands on one first !

I' m just trying to gather evidence as to whether this is a transcription mistake or it really does have a speaker (appreciating the quality may be terrible, but I don't need it to be fantastic) , if we can get confirmation that it has a speaker, I'll get one from a trusted aliexpress supplier.

i have a number of chinese hikvision cams that have been "hacked" to 5.20 english and I'm perfectly happy with the £££ I saved :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no indication on the product specs on the Hikvision site that it has a speaker - though the language used ('support for') suggests an audio out socket for the -S model number.

" Built-in microphone, support for audio output, supports two-way audio (-S)
 supports Wi-Fi capabilities (-W)"

And this as well:
[FONT=微软雅黑]* "- W" expressed support for Wi-Fi (802.11b / g / n), including models do not support this feature 802.1X protocol[/FONT][FONT=微软雅黑]
[/FONT]
* "- S" indicates that the device includes a built-in microphone, and have an output interface, one pair Alarm input / output interface

Last edited by a moderator:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only Hikvision cameras I know of with built in speakers are the indoor models, for example, the ds-2cd2432f. If you really need an outdoor camera with a speaker built in, consider the Mobotix D15 or M15. They are not very good cameras but make it by being very expensive.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no indication on the product specs on the Hikvision site that it has a speaker - though the language used ('support for') suggests an audio out socket for the -S model number.

" Built-in microphone, support for audio output, supports two-way audio (-S)
 supports Wi-Fi capabilities (-W)"

And this as well:
[FONT=微软雅黑]* "- W" expressed support for Wi-Fi (802.11b / g / n), including models do not support this feature 802.1X protocol[/FONT][FONT=微软雅黑]
[/FONT]
* "- S" indicates that the device includes a built-in microphone, and have an output interface, one pair Alarm input / output interface
http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9798

• Up to 3 megapixel (2048 x 1536) resolution
• Full HD1080p video
• IR LEDs (up to 10m)
• Built-in microphone & speaker
• Support on-board storage (up to 64GB)
• IP66
• S: Audio, Alarm I/O
• W: Wi-Fi

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only Hikvision cameras I know of with built in speakers are the indoor models, for example, the ds-2cd2432f. If you really need an outdoor camera with a speaker built in, consider the Mobotix D15 or M15. They are not very good cameras but make it by being very expensive.
me too. I guess if it doesn't have a speaker, there is always an audio out. A simple all in one for less than £100 would have done me nicely. Let's see if anyone get ps their hands on one. I'm in no rush.

i certainly will never get a mobotix past SWMBO at those prices :)