DS-2cd2532F-IS need help with firmware I screwed up!

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The DS-2cd2532F-IS started off with Firmware Version: V5.2.5 Build: 141201, flashed it to V5.4.41 Build 170312

I can see the camera in BI and get into the setting with the HV SADP and HV Tools but cant access it via HTTP (firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib).

I have tried a few of the suggestions in the stickied posts above with no luck. Before going any further I thought I might ask for help.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK Let me get this straight in my head.

1. Downgrade firmware to 5.2.5 using the "Brick-Fix Tool".
2. Do the "enhanced mtd hack" to convert the camera to EN region using the the same "Brick-Fix Tool"?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A fast reader ...
The 'brick-fix tool' is a single use tool to simply allow the 'whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' to be used by removing the downgrade block, which then provides the 5.2.5 environment (telnet/SSH, the right version of firmware) to safely do the 'enhanced mtd hack'.
Then back up the versions again, in full EN/ML, not skipping major intermediate versions.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having to read multi-threads to get info is confusing to me (ADD).

1. Downgrade firmware to 5.2.5 using the "whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader" AKA "5.30 Downgrader 4 lines" (5.30 Downgrader 4lines.rar), unless your camera has the has a firmware sticker below 5.2.5 (not including), you use the "5.30 Downgrader" (5.30 Downgrader.rar). Both use the same .dav file found in the "brickfix540.Zip" file found at the bottom of this page with included support docs. At this point the camera is in the "5.2.5 environment (telnet/SSH, the right version of firmware) to safely do the 'enhanced mtd hack".

Is this right so far?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
AKA "5.30 Downgrader 4 lines"
No, don't use that one, it doesn't work on all cameras.
Use the files at the second link in that post - from here : Dropbox - Custom downgrader

Both use the same .dav file found in the "brickfix540.Zip" file found at the bottom of this page with included support docs
No - the firmware files are all different. They just need to be named the same 'digicap.dav' because that's what the Hikvision tftp updater tool is hard-coded to look for.
For each tftp operation, make a copy of the original firmware file that's to be used, and rename the copy as digicap.dav and ensure it's in the same folder as the tftpserve.exe tftp updater program.

So, in summary:
To do the 'enhanced mtd hack' the camera needs to be running the 5.2.5 firmware.
As you have installed the 5.4.1 firmware, it will block any attempted downgrades to older firmware versions.
To get round this downgrade block, the brick-fix540 tool, which is presented as normal firmware, needs to be used. That's just a one-off requirement.
Then the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware can be installed, which when done will allow the 'enhanced mtd hack' to be done.
This will give a camera running 5.2.5 with EN menus that can be upgraded through the various versions 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 to 5.4.0 to 5.4.5 and retain the EN/ML menus.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, got side tracked for a few days on another project. I'm going to try this again. Thanks again for your help and patients.