DS-2CD2535FWD-IS-2.8 setup problems.

godfree1963

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have just bought a new DS-2CD2535FWD-IS-2.8 to replace a dead camera and I am having problems setting it up. It already had the latest firmware installed.

I setup it using the SADP tool no problems but for some reason I can't see it in "ONVIF Device Manager". I have 6 other Hikvision cameras and they are all being picked up, but not the new one. Even if I add it manual it just says "There was no endpoint listening at http://192.168.0.150".

I can log into the cameras web page and I install the "WebComponents.exe" and it installs, but the plug-in just doesn't seem to be running. I have tried it in Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge no luck so far.
I have had this problem before and ONVIF Device Manager always worked but not this time.

All I want to do is turn off "OSD setting" so I can use the camera using Blue Iris. I can see the camera in Blue Iris but I need to rotate the image 180 degrees, and Hikvision OSD ends up upside down. I have tied to turn off display Name and date in the Hikvision image setting and I just get a "Parameter error".

I know it something very simple that I am missing but after 3 hours of messing around I am at a loss.