DS-2CD2732F-I(S) Milestone Xprotect Essential - Camera Stopped

ilmrfd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the camera mounted, added into Milestone. Video looks GREAT compared to the cheap camera that was in the location originally.

Here's the issue though. When I look at the camera in the Xprotect Essentials Smart software (running as a trial version currently), it shows that the camera is "Stopped." I can click the record button, and it will record for 5 minutes without any apparent issues. But it then goes back to a stopped status. I'm guessing it has to do with my trying to setup the Motion detection events on the camera and feeding the Xprotect software with them. I checked the settings and help knowledgebase on the Milestone website. The camera appears to be "Enabled" in all the locations I could find. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Also if I check the camera from the mobile / web browser, it shows "Camera Connection Lost."

ilmrfd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I think I fixed it. I ended up deleting the camera from Xprotect, reseting the camera itself to default settings, and then reset everything up in milestone and the camera again. I must have checked/unchecked something initially.

ilmrfd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I guess I fixed part of it. I now see a "Live" listing in the camera on Xprotect, but the Motion Detection recording doesn't appear to be working.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Milestone packages it's install with old Device Packs. Download and install the latest device pack which I believe is 7.3. Delete the camera and add it back in letting it find the latest driver. I have several 2732's at multiple location on Milestone XProtect without a problem.

To use in-camera motion detect it's a little counter-intuitive as you go into the motion detect on Milestone for that camera and uncheck the enable motion detect check box. I'll have to a write-up on that with pictures are it's hard to explain. With the new Face Detection in 5.1.6 Hikvision firmware, I think more people will want to leverage the in-camera detection.

ilmrfd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Milestone packages it's install with old Device Packs. Download and install the latest device pack which I believe is 7.3. Delete the camera and add it back in letting it find the latest driver. I have several 2732's at multiple location on Milestone XProtect without a problem.
I did verify that the latest device pack was installed, 7.3. It finds a device driver of Hikvision8x3 when I let it auto-detect the camera.