DS-2CD3132-I from China ?

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm almost about to buy this camera DS-2CD2132-I from aliExpress in China.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132-I-3MP-Mini-Dome-Camera-Full-HD-1080P-POE-Power-Network-IP66-Indoor/1871393655.html

When I look at the feedbacks it seems to be ok. But what is your experience with buying from China/AliExpress ?

If I buy it - will it work in iVMS-4200 ? and will the browsermenu only be in Chinese ? The model is a multi-language.

Right now I have the DS-2CD2532F-I 2.8mm which works just fine. Is there a big difference between these two models ?

- Kim -

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should be fine with that seller. XinRay has been mentioned here on the forums before and not in a negative way that I recall.

It should work fine with iVMS and the firmware should have English with the multi-language support. Just don't upgrade the firmware unless you really know what you are doing. You don't want to end up with a brick.

Major difference between two cams is the one you have has built in SD card slot and I think mic, yes? The dome does not look to have those features.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer :)

I did not notice, that the one from China do not has SD Card slot, which it must have.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer :)

I did not notice, that the one from China do not has SD Card slot, which it must have.
More importantly it doesn't have the improved IR and 3-axis mount.

Get the DS-2CD2132F-IS model. Not sure why you want the SD card slot if you are using an NVR.

DS-2CD2132F-IS is better at night than the DS-2CD2532F-I but the DS-2CD2332-i is even better... but no SD card slot.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
More importantly it doesn't have the improved IR and 3-axis mount.

Get the DS-2CD2132F-IS model. Not sure why you want the SD card slot if you are using an NVR.

DS-2CD2132F-IS is better at night than the DS-2CD2532F-I but the DS-2CD2332-i is even better... but no SD card slot.
I do not have an NVR. I have an POE-box, or what it is called, that supply power to my camera, but with out a harddisk.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get the DS-2CD2132F-IS in that case and yes that will also work with iVMS. It's basically the 2015 version of the DS-2CD2132-i

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Apparently the ds2cd2132f-is is unavailable now according to my supplier, they say hik have stopped or are stopping manufacturing them.