DS-2CD3345-I recording to NAS

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So with the dramas I had with DS-2CD3332-I the other week (haven't chucked it yet),... I went and got my hands on a DS-2CD3345-I.

Its running firmware V5.4.52build 170527 and hasn't got CCCH in the serial number.

All seemed ok with the setup, however it won't save to a NAS share.

My intention was to enable motion detection and record to NAS as I've done with a different camera I have.

I've set up the motion detection,.. the arming schedule and the linkage. The linkage is 'Notify Surveillance Center' and Trigger recording A1- (have also tried Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS).

Under Storage > Recording schedule,.. its enabled and all 'green' for motion 24x7.

The NAS share has been setup as a separate partition and then shared out,.. 186.22GB,.. the cam was able to format it fine.

I've also made the cam available to Hik-connect and when motion occurs, I get the notification. However, no recording occurs. As a side query,.. it also seems that 'shell' access is not present any more, i.e. no telnet with this firmware - is that something that's been removed ?

I have a 2nd cam using a similar setup without issue. Its a DS-2CD2532F-IS running V5.2.3build 141024.

Not to sure what else to try?

I've included images of the areas where the settings exist,.. have rebooted also,.. and also reformatted a couple of times.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Under Storage > Recording schedule,.. its enabled and all 'green' for motion 24x7.
Suggestion to try just as an experiment to see if recording occurs - set this to Continuous.
And separately
Untick the Linkage method 'Upload ...' in motion event configuration.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will look at it again when I get home tonight.

Initially that box was 'unticked' and it was set to 'continuous',... but will confirm.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still no 'playback' files are being presented through either the Web interface or iVMS-4500 (on my phone) or iVMS-4200 Client on my PC.

Looking at the share being made available from my NAS, it does look like its writing to it at times. I started by reformatting at around 22:40.

I then configured a short block as 'continuous record',.. the 1st time it was ending at 22:47, note pic 7 where the time stamp on hiv00000.mp4 was 1 minute before it.

I then adjusted the end time to 23:20 (as per pic 8),... notice in pic 9 taken at 23:15, the same listing, its zeroed out the same file while its recording somewhere I'm guessing,.. you can some times on other files have changed ?

And then when 23:20 has been passed,... look at pic 10,.. again 1 minute before the timestamp of hiv00000.mp4 and the timestamp of files.

So the cam seems to have access, but something ain't right.

Attachments

pyodic

n3wb
Reaction score
I have basically the same problem i have all hikvision cameras and able to format record to my NAS no dramas at all. But my new DS-2CD3345-I from china just cant record vision. Did you ever find a fix to the problem

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have basically the same problem i have all hikvision cameras and able to format record to my NAS no dramas at all. But my new DS-2CD3345-I from china just cant record vision. Did you ever find a fix to the problem
Hi there,

Nah, I just gave up on it and redirected efforts into getting Blue Iris in place.

Jim.....

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have the exact scenario as what jim is describing, right down to the detail of the firmware version. The only difference I have is that I have a 100GB NFS drive from my Linux box. It is able to detect it and intialize the partition by creating the datadir folders and content. Whether motion or continuous, the first file get overwritten over and over again with new timestamp and videos.
This is a big bug and the originally seller has handicapped it so we can't flash any other firmware version. i bought my 2nd hand so I have no idea what the original seller is to request an updated firmware from them.
Any one of you know the original seller, perhaps we can request and updated firmware.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I saw something related to 80Gb max size - try a much smaller share as a test.

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Is this documented somewhere or just a wild guess? Anyway, I tried as suggested and set my NFS to 64GB, guess what still does not work.

Funny how, there are some on this board can easily shoot down on other brand (clone) like Longse and Anpviz cameras while the mighty Hikvision can't even work properly as advertised functions. I would think NAS using (NFS/CIFS) would be relatively straight forward. NAS are network solution and cant be small or huge (normally huge) but to only work with realtively small sizes is just not correct.

FTP is there but only capture snapshots which is not a solution for video. Anyway, since I wanted a simple NAS solution for my camera, this Hikvision will go into storage until someone buys it off me or there is a fix in the future.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Saw it in firmware upgrade notes.

Might not be relevant for this camera line.

Make sure partition camera see's is say <5Gb to test. Having large "disk" but small quota or similar isn't enough.