DS-2CD3345 showing as disabled in iVMS for short duration

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 4x DS-2CD3345 cameras that will randomly show as disabled in iVMS. This issue happens very randomly and can last from anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

It is enough to trigger the video loss output I have setup.

While it shows as disabled, the camera itself still shows as online within the camera management section of the NVR.

Firmware version on these 4 units is 5.4.23 build 161020. Cameras are fed via NVR PoE directly on Cat5e. No switches or joins in between. Cable distance would be between 40 meters for the longest and 20 meters for the shortest. I am totally unsure if it is cable distance however I have an older DS-2CD2732F-IS at around 40 meters on the same NVR and it is running fine and always does.

I have tried a factory default of the cameras - this didn't seem to assist this time around.

I'm yet to determine if it is an iVMS issue or camera/NVR issue. I'm leaning towards camera/NVR issue because as said earlier, the issue triggers the video loss output.

NVR is a DS-7716N-E4/16P. Firmware version 3.4.80 build 160718. Encoding version 5.0 build 160716.

Any ideas folks?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are recording continuously - does the NVR log show the events, and does the playback timeline on the NVR web GUI show any gaps? (not sure where your video loss notification is coming from - scratch the question if it's the NVR.)

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
It is continuous record. And I can replay and see a full timeline but the camera appears to be perhaps rebooting. E.g. frame 1 shows a black screen (from playback), frame 2 shows the image - no IR, frame 3 shows the image - IR just fired up, frame 4 shows IR adjusting. This is at around 8.30PM.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the camera itself still shows as online within the camera management section of the NVR.
That status can take a while to be updated - it's not real-time.
And I can replay and see a full timeline but the camera appears to be perhaps rebooting.
You would not see a full timeline if the camera is rebooting - the timeline would show gaps of a minute or so.

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
You would not see a full timeline if the camera is rebooting - the timeline would show gaps of a minute or so.
Well there is definitely a full time line there. It just appears it is rebooting by looking at the frames/images. Any ideas of what it might be?