DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ with Onboard LPR/ANPR(License Plate Recognition)

izzner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time here...

I just got 2 nos of DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ (international version)

but for some reason they don't have the LPR/ANPR(License Plate Recognition) module in the firmware but instead have the counting module.
Can anyone tell me how to enable the LPR/ANPR(License Plate Recognition) module in the firmware..

I have already tried every firmware including V5.3.5 build 151218 from here
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD4X26FWD,4X24FWD,6026FHWD, iDS-6XXX/

Clipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help/input.

jobenails

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same cam, with firmware version V5.3.4 build 151015 and Encoding version V7.0 build 150906
and lpr works fine.
I only wonder why on the cams homepage I can see a maximum of only 20 licenseplates while my memorycard inside the cam has a 64 gB capacity. But thats maybe a seperate question on the forum if you dont know the answer.
Thanks.

Reme

n3wb
Reaction score
On the hikvision ftp site and website, there is only V5.3.4 build 150812 firmware, no V5.3.4 build 151015 firmware. Where did you download the firmware?

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I just got my fingers in this camera as well, and have the LPR function working... what I would like to do, is to use the LPR whitelist with a control panel/system I am working on.
Do any of you guys know how I can communicate with the camera to send a license plate to the whitelist table, and also how to delete one in the table, without logging in to the GUI and do it manually ?
I cant seem to find any information about these commands anywhere, and HIKVision is not much help.

nosnoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know any aliexpress seller is selling this camera with LPR firmware?

I read that the LPR needs special firmware and does not come as default.

Thanks in advance.

Anton73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone been able to find a resolution to this issue. I cant find LPR firmware anywhere. I purchased a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZH and it doesnt have any LPR functionality. I am currently running firmware V5.4.0 build 160414 .

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The DS-2CD4A25FWD-I Lightfighter and DS-2CD4A26FWD-I Darkfighter are both capable of ANPR but require ANPR-specific firmware. The default firmware will not allow you to use it as an ANPR camera.
Speak to whoever you purchased it from and they should be able to provide you with the firmware (if they're an official seller).

Later versions increase the number of plates in the whitelist / blacklist to 2048

nosnoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Does Lightfighter work fine in night time LPR? Would Darkfighter work better for night time LPR? As I understand, there is more of a problem of license plate over exposure than inadequate illumination.

As I cannot get any confirmation from Aliexpress sellers that they have LPR firmware, may have to go with authorized dealers route.
Any recommendation of one with LPR firmware?

cguenther

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i'd like to push up this thread, as the question of the TS was not answered.

Obviously, there is a ANPR/LPR-Firmware, Version 5.4.3/161207, available on DOWNLOAD PORTAL
(uploaded the fw and its readme for future reference)

Has anybody flashed its cam, formerly without LPR/ANPR-functionality, successfully and enabled LPR?

best regards

Attachments

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Intresting thread! I'd give it a go if I had one of these camera's to hand - looks like you should be able to revert if the firmware is a problem.

Reaction score
Hi,

i'd like to push up this thread, as the question of the TS was not answered.

Obviously, there is a ANPR/LPR-Firmware, Version 5.4.3/161207, available on DOWNLOAD PORTAL
(uploaded the fw and its readme for future reference)

Has anybody flashed its cam, formerly without LPR/ANPR-functionality, successfully and enabled LPR?

best regards
I am considering buying a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS, does anyone know if this firmware will acually work on it and enable LPR?
The release notes list the model number DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P, so I am wondering if it will work with a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS too?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P does LPR.
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS does not support it.

Maybe someone will correct me; I do not know if there are any actual hardware differences between both models, or it is just a software/licensing issue.

Reaction score
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P does LPR.
DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS does not support it.

Maybe someone will correct me; I do not know if there are any actual hardware differences between both models, or it is just a software/licensing issue.
That was my initial thought too, but then there are cams like this one: Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS Bullet Vehicle Detection and LPR Network IP Camera | eBay
Clearly a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS, but it supports LPR. Not sure if thats cause it has some special firmware tho.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That was my initial thought too, but then there are cams like this one: Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS Bullet Vehicle Detection and LPR Network IP Camera | eBay
Clearly a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS, but it supports LPR. Not sure if thats cause it has some special firmware tho.
That might mean a few things.
- I am wrong on my assumption, and the model without /P also supports LPR.
- The hardware on both models is the same, and there is a way to install the LPR firmware on the model that does not support it by default.
- The seller on ebay is listing the /P model without stating it is actually the /P model.
- The seller on ebay says it does LPR, and it does not. He doesn't care/he doesn't know.
- Whatever else.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Just spoke with Hikvision today. The /P model currently only comes with the 2.8-12mm varifocal. The non /P model is available with an 8-32 varifocal lens. The rep said they plan to have an 8-32mm /P model out soon but declined to give a date. The rep also said that they are the exact same camera, the /P model has different firmware.

wdrjack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes they are all the same cameras just different firmware.
I have installed the LPR firmware on the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS non-P cameras with no issues.
I advise you to get the 8-32mm version unless camera is very close subject vehicles.

Reaction score
Anybody have any more info about upgrading the DS-2CD4A26FWD (non /P) model with the ANPR/LPR firmware? I ordered a non-P version on ebay, seller is supposed to upgrade the firmware to the LPR version for me. However, I want to be able to update the firmware down the road if possible.

Just wondering if anybody has successfully upgraded the firmware successfully and where they got the firmware to do so. Thanks!

Reaction score
In theory,the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ don't have the LPR function,but we can use the firmware flash the camera let it enable the LPR.
But when you do this,the camera will be the old firmware version,can't update anymore(if you update the firmware will lose the LPR function).And you will lose the face detection function.
So still suggest the model DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P,it have the complete system function.
This store seems both have the 2.8-12mm and 8-32mm,hope can help you.
Thanks for your reply. I purchased a non-/P camera and uploaded 5.4.3 LPR firmware successfully. However, when I try to enable vehicle detection, I get an error saying "Third Stream cannot be used after the vehicle detection function is enabled." I cannot figure out how to disable the third stream.

Any way to upgrade firmware beyond 5.4.3? Looking like I should have just purchased the /P version. I paid $350 for the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS and couldn't afford to pay $715 for the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS/P model. But right now, I have no LPR function so basically worthless. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: