DS-2CD6332FWD-I 3MP WDR Fisheye Network Camera

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was looking at that camera just yesterday in fact, I would be interested in trying a few of those out for sure if they will send the dewarped picture to my Exacq NVRs. I have used the Axis, ACTi and Vivotek hemispheric cameras so far and of those the Vivotek is now my favorite, Acti next and Axis dead last.

I probably have 20 hemispheric cameras in use right now, other options would be great if priced well. So far the Vivotek cameras have been hard to beat compared to others but this one having IR is a very nice change though usually it would not be used where I locate these cameras.

Any expecting pricing from our vendors here? I'd be looking for the 6mp version....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Aliexpress has the 3MP models on a couple vendors for $380 each, so I don't expect they will be cheap any time soon. I do like that they included IR LEDs on this model. But considering the limited usefulness of a hemispheric cam for a hobbyist like me it is still way too expensive!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes! Thats a shame. What went wrong with them?

I've wanted some cams like these for a long time; I'm just waiting for the price to go down. If I could afford it I would install 6 of them for 24/7 recording and that would capture everything around the outside of my house with essentially no blind spots. To do the same with conventional cameras would take at least 12 cameras.

But cams like this are dramatically outperformed by cameras with narrower angle lenses, in terms of quality and price.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If anyone wants them, I can get the USA versions from an official distributor, let me know. There was no price advantage in getting them in China, weird huh.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If anyone wants them, I can get the USA versions from an official distributor, let me know. There was no price advantage in getting them in China, weird huh.
I'll wait to see a review on your site, is one forthcoming? I would think these would be sick inside of a house, put them in the middle of each room and you cover everything and there is no way to sneak up on the camera.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no doubt you can't beat them for coverage, but I bet even a 640x480 Foscam will produce a better identification shot. Assuming the lens is up to the task, 1536 pixels is spread out across 180 degrees horizontal is similar to a 640x480 camera with a 75 degree horizontal view angle. i.e. FOSCAM

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, there is no doubt you can't beat them for coverage, but I bet even a 640x480 Foscam will produce a better identification shot. Assuming the lens is up to the task, 1536 pixels is spread out across 180 degrees horizontal is similar to a 640x480 camera with a 75 degree horizontal view angle. i.e. FOSCAM

you have a lot of cams, you gonna hook one up?