DS-2DE3304W-DE rebooting

ScoobyBear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

For two days I have problem with one of my HikVision cameras.
I've only had those devices for about 2 months so I do have warranty on it. But before I send it back to the store I want to hear if someone can shed some light over this.

My setup is as follow:
1x DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR
1x DS-2CD2185FWD-IS Camera
2x DS-2DE3304W-DE PTZ camera.

It's one of the DS-2DE3304W-DE that I have problem with. It could have been caused by me since I was playing with the motion settings the day before I notice that the camera was dead. But at the same time it's acting very weird.
The camera is booting up, and do at least part of it's self test. I do get a picture in the NVR but only for a few seconds. Then it goes to status ! This occur about every 10min, constantly at daytime.
What makes me extra confused is that it seems to work at night! From 23:50 til ~06:10 it constantly recording. Almost as I have set a scheduler on it. But if that is the case, why is it constantly rebooting at daytime!?
I can't access the settings to check since it's offline in daytime! I usually sleep at night but maybe I could fix it then if I stay up :)

Some info about the camera:
Camera version: 1.61
Software version: 5.4.3
The self test seems to go OK. "Check Camera Success" occurs on the screen before it goes offline.

Any inputs from you? Can I do a hard reset of the camera somehow?
I have tested different ports in the NVR and different cables. Still the same.

Searay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Change the NVR time ZONE or change the time setting so it's off by 12 hours
then try doing a factory reset on the camera

Push reset button in camera if nothing else works

ScoobyBear

n3wb
Reaction score
Good idea to change the timezone! Never thought of that. But it didn't work, so I disassemble the camera and pushed the reset button. Luckily this one is quite easy to access. Now it seems to work again!
I guess/hope it got corrupt somehow when I was playing with the settings. So as long as I don't tamper with it, it will work :) Otherwise it doesn't give much confidence if I need to do this every 2 months...

Searay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4 of these and they are working fine on FW V5.5.80
Glad to hear you seem to have resolved the problem