TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi NG,

is there any way to get firmware update for the DS-2DF7286-K20? I have
Firmware VersionV5.0.2 build 140109
Encoding VersionV4.0 build 131217

But i need 5.1 or 5.2.
The one from Hikvision is not possible to load.

Any way to get update?

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi NG,

is there any way to get firmware update for the DS-2DF7286-K20? I have
Firmware VersionV5.0.2 build 140109
Encoding VersionV4.0 build 131217

But i need 5.1 or 5.2.
The one from Hikvision is not possible to load.

Any way to get update?

TELLO

Hi Tello,

I've just registered on this forum because I noticed your post and I'd like to share a bit of info.

I apologise if this drags out a bit, but I hope you find some of the information useful....

"K20" is a model number used to reference a series of "Hikvision" PTZ cameras sold by the company CCTV Discover in China. They are also sold on eBay via two or three different usernames, but I've noticed that no matter which of those sellers you contact - the same people from CCTV Discover will always reply. To be fair, the company is pretty good (especially with delivery), but they are ALWAYS difficult and/or vague when it comes to supplying firmware updates or information that will help you obtain one.

If you've ever mailed the company to ask for a firmware update, I'd bet money that their reply was "sorry, but there are no firmware update available yet". They do the same for everything!

One of my more memorable examples of this was with a Hybrid NVR/DVR that I purchased from them. The device kept freezing/crashing, and I emailed them to ask if they had a firmware update that might help. A couple of hours after sending the mail I realised that I'd stupidly forgotten to included my current firmware version. However, before I had the chance to provide them with this info - I found that they'd already replied to tell me that there hadn't been any updates for the device. After countless further emails I found that there had in fact been multiple updates and that those updates did fix my problem.

Anyhow, back to the camera...

I also purchased one of these K20 series cameras earlier in the year (February I think), and CCTV Discover's usual passive attitude towards providing firmware information continued. Everything they said suggested that it was a Chinese OEM Hikvision, so in the end I just asked if I could install one of Hikvision's own firmwares instead. I immediately started getting replies from a different person, who said that while these cameras used Hikvision camera modules - the PTZ mechanism was from another manufacturer and that the Hikvision firmware was not compatible.

After my discussions with that person, I did manage to get them to upload a newer firmware to their website in April/May, and that firmware remained on their site right up until just 24 hours ago.

I don't know if I still have a copy of the firmware file, but one characteristic is that it shows the date and time in Chinese. This never really bothered me as I don't use the feature and it's something I've experienced with other Chinese Hikvision cameras. At the time, CCTV Discover insisted that it was a bug and that they'd upload a new fixed firmware within a couple of weeks. Needless to say, that was 6 months ago now. I did drop them an email more recently to ask about that update, but guess what - apparently there haven't been any updates for these cameras. Aaarrgh!

Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

yes - i forgot to write that its from Chinese company. But i was reading here that there are some other people with them too.
I have 5 "normal" Hikvision and two of the K20. They work perfect, only with the NAS i have problems. In the new Hikvision Update you can connect NAS with SMB/CIFS.
And this is what i need, because with NFS its not working.

So you have this in your Update? The option to connect the NAS with SMB/CIFS?

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

yes - i forgot to write that its from Chinese company. But i was reading here that there are some other people with them too.
I have 5 "normal" Hikvision and two of the K20. They work perfect, only with the NAS i have problems. In the new Hikvision Update you can connect NAS with SMB/CIFS.
And this is what i need, because with NFS its not working.

So you have this in your Update? The option to connect the NAS with SMB/CIFS?

TELLO
Hi,

I do have the option to enter NAS server addresses and file paths, but unfortunately I can't specifically confirm whether or not it works with SMB/CIFS.

Is your camera lacking the "NAS" tab altogether, or is it that you just can't connect?

I will mention that my camera is still based on firmware 5.02. It just has a build date of March 2014 instead of January.

Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Craig,

i have the NAS button/rider. There i can put in the IP and the path. This is the NFS way.
In my other cam´s with the Hikvision update it looks the same. But when i click there in tho put the IP address it opens a popdown menu where i can chose NSF or SMB/CIFS.
And i need the SMB/CIFS, because i can use then on my NAS storage a user for every cam and i can give the user a storage limit - so the record on NAS works than.
With the NFS it is not working, because there are more user store stuff on the NAS.

If you have a firmware with the SMB/CIFS possibility - you will help to fix my problem ;-)

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Craig,

i have the NAS button/rider. There i can put in the IP and the path. This is the NFS way.
In my other cam´s with the Hikvision update it looks the same. But when i click there in tho put the IP address it opens a popdown menu where i can chose NSF or SMB/CIFS.
And i need the SMB/CIFS, because i can use then on my NAS storage a user for every cam and i can give the user a storage limit - so the record on NAS works than.
With the NFS it is not working, because there are more user store stuff on the NAS.

If you have a firmware with the SMB/CIFS possibility - you will help to fix my problem ;-)

TELLO
Oh, I see - I didn't realise that there was a popdown menu on the newer firmwares. I actually have the camera set up at my parents' home, but thankfully I installed teamviewer on their PC yesterday - just in case I needed to go back and check anything else.

No, unfortunately the firmware doesn't have a popdown. :-(

I remember a friend of mine having an SMB/CIFS issue with firmware 5.02 (on a different camera) and he told me that he got it working after messing with the file path prefix. I'm sure you have more experience than I do, but I guess you have prefixed the file path with a "/" or "\" ?

BTW, I've looked everywhere and I can't find the firmware file. If I do find it, I'll post it here.

Craig

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Craig,

i understand now what you mean with the prefixes. I found some information that it is possible to send with the path password and user. But there are different ways to solve this and i don't get it to run.
Can you look in to your cam admin > NAS and post the Server-Address and File Path Forminput? You can write XXX for password and user.
Must be something like this:
/my_folder /mnt -o username=my_username,password=my_password 0 0
And the Server-Address in the form - is this on your side only a IP or Servername or more?
Will be helpful for me.

Thanks TELLO

Last edited by a moderator:

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Craig,

i understand now what you mean with the prefixes. I found some information that it is possible to send with the path password and user. But there are different ways to solve this and i don't get it to run.
Can you look in to your cam admin > NAS and post the Server-Address and File Path Forminput? You can write XXX for password and user.
Must be something like this:
/my_folder /mnt -o username=my_username,password=my_password 0 0
And the Server-Address in the form - is this on your side only a IP or Servername or more?
Will be helpful for me.

Thanks TELLO
Sorry, I think there might have been an missunderstanding. It was my friend who set his camera up with SMB/CIFS. On my camera these fields are not used - I have everything connected to a Synology Diskstation with Surveillance Station installed.

Craig

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: I have just found the firmware update if you would like to have it. The details are as follows:

Firmware Version V5.0.2 build 140312
Encoding Version V4.0 build 131211

This firmware from March will change the date and time to Chinese though, and unfortunately I don't have the original January (build 140109) firmware if you need to change back.

Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Craig,

yes - i need it ;-)
What i don't get... is this now with the NAS SMB/CIFS orals only with NAS NFS?

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Craig,

yes - i need it ;-)
What i don't get... is this now with the NAS SMB/CIFS orals only with NAS NFS?

TELLO

I've been in touch with CCTV Discover again and I've also managed to get you the latest Full English firmware too. I don't know if it will be a newer build than the one you have (I haven't tested it yet), but at least you can get back if the other one causes you any problems.

I'm uploading the files now...

Craig.

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, here you go.

1) v5.02_140312 (With Chinese Date and Time) >>Download<<

2) Latest full English firmware >>Download<<

If you test the English firmware, I'd be grateful if you could post the version and build number.

Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Craig,

not successful ;-)
For 1) i get Status
Language version mismatch.
Is the 2) the same like my one= V5.0.2 build 140109.

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that a few months have gone by, but just in case you're still interested (or if anyone else out there has one of these cameras).....

CCTV Discover uploaded a new firmware for the 720p & 1080p K20 PTZ cameras. The new firmware is based on v5.2.0 and can be downloaded here: www.cctvdiscover.com/download/Files/K20/Firmware/ .

When I first tried installing the update I received a Language mismatch error, but in the same download folder you'll find a Camera_Upgrade.zip file. This zip file contains some older firmwares - one of which is located in a sub folder labelled "2.Meaasge.Box.Bug". After flashing the update from that folder, the 5.2.0 firmware was accepted.

For me, this update significantly improved the camera's ability to lock focus at night. We use our camera with Synology Surveillance Station and I often found that the camera failed to re-focus correctly when moving between preset positions.

Regards,
Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

CCTV Discover uploaded a new firmware for the 720p & 1080p K20 PTZ cameras. The new firmware is based on v5.2.0 and can be downloaded here: www.cctvdiscover.com/download/Files/K20/Firmware/ .

Craig,
i updated my cams. Works. But now my Day in the display is in Chinese language.
Is there any bugfix?

// Can not believe this Chines guys, can they not see such a bug :mad-new: :mad-new: :mad-new:

TELLO

craigspc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Craig,
i updated my cams. Works. But now my Day in the display is in Chinese language.
Is there any bugfix?

// Can not believe this Chines guys, can they not see such a bug :mad-new: :mad-new: :mad-new:

TELLO

Hi Tello,

I'm glad this one worked for you. Did it also fix the SMB/CIFS issue that you were experiencing a few months back?

As for the Chinese language thing - I'm afraid I really don't know. I guess the only option (short of going back to v5.0.2) is to disable the Day overlay. Not ideal, but on the plus side you should still be able have the full date and Time in English.

Craig.

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Craig,
yes it works now with the SMB/CIFS.

Maybe little bit Chinese style is cool. So i will let it how it is ;-)

TELLO

TELLO

n3wb
Reaction score
I was going to the text overlay. It is the week in Chinese. So i disabled it.

All perfect.

TELLO