DS-2DF8236IX-AELW Camera no video stream

Gaspar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks, I recently bought a DS-2DF8236IX-AELW camera and connected to a DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR in a PoE port. The camera is powered by its own 24VAC power supply (comes with it), since it´s Hi-PoE and PoE ports on NVR are normal. PoE port on NVR shows activity (leds are blinking) but the problem is that I can´t see the video stream on NVR screen. I have connected another 2 PoE cams to the NVR (DS-2CD2123G0-I and DS-2CD2023G0-I) and works perfectly. Can anybody help me please?? Thanks in advance. BR.

Gaspar

n3wb
Reaction score
ok let me answer to myself: early today I was on site and connected the camera directly to my Lap (since it is powered by its own 24VAC power supply) and worked just fine!! So the problem shows up when I connect the camera to the NVR, that´s for sure!! Do I need to modify something in the NVR to get the camera recognized and working??? Can anybody help please?? thanks in advance. BR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok let me answer to myself: early today I was on site and connected the camera directly to my Lap (since it is powered by its own 24VAC power supply) and worked just fine!! So the problem shows up when I connect the camera to the NVR, that´s for sure!! Do I need to modify something in the NVR to get the camera recognized and working??? Can anybody help please?? thanks in advance. BR.
You will need a hi-poe injector. The poe on the NVR is not strong enough.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like the laptop and the cam are on the same subnet since you said you can view the cam when plugged directly into the laptop. Also, if you can view the cam when plugged directly into the laptop then the cam's IP must be static since a laptop cannot perform DHCP and assign an IP to the cam. When you plug the cam into a NVR's POE port a different subnet will be used by the NVR on those cams so it can't see the cam unless the cam's IP is NOT static (and it likely is).

Try plugging the cam into a regular switch (or spare LAN port on your router) that's on the same LAN, and subsequently the same subnet, as the laptop and the NVR's LAN port (not POE).

Get back if that works for the next step.

Gaspar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Tony! NVR and cameras are on a remote site, so I don´t have access right now. Regarding the access issue it seems that my ISP is blocking ports to access NVR from WAN so there´s no way for me to reach the NVR from home and check the configuration through iVMS. Anyway I let a minilap on site running teamviewer and in the same LAN of NVR, so I´m running iVMS on the minilap and the camera is showing "Incorrect user name or password"... I clicked the camera and then Modify button, change Adding Method to manual and enter password manually then Save button but nothing happens. keeps showing "Incorrect user name or password"...any ideas to solve this??

upload_2018-12-20_23-39-5.png

Last edited:

Gaspar

n3wb
Reaction score
You will need a hi-poe injector. The poe on the NVR is not strong enough.
I don´t think I need PoE (any kind of them) since the camera is powered by its own 24VAC power supply, and besides, Laptop is not PoE and when I connected the camera directly to it worked like a charm!!! Thanks!!