DS-2TD2617-3/V1 and temperature

eugeniob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there,
I write here in hope to find something useful since you guys seem to know your way about these ;-)

Basically I have this DS-2TD2617-3/V1 camera from which I'd need to get some data in (almost) real time. I've found a python script on github which allows me to detect motions and some other data (I guess) but what I'd really need at the moment is to get the temperature inside the room where the camera is located. So far I've only managed to get the picture from the substream, like in the attachment, of which I'd have a question:
why are there two temperatures on the screen?
one on top and one at the bottom, what do they represent?
and, in case one of those is the temperature inside the room, how would I get that info in JSON, XML or whatever?

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

eugeniob

n3wb
Reaction score
I've put a lot of effort into this and haven't come up with a solution yet. Everything I find on the internet seems not to be working with this camera.
When I say everything I mean very little, I've found ISAPI manuals which seem to be all slighty different from each other. Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Reaction score
why are there two temperatures on the screen
I believe that the two numbers are the minimum and maximum values of the color scale bar at the right side of the display. That is to show you how the colors relate to the temperature.

I don't know how to answer your other questions, but I did find this manual:

eugeniob

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe that the two numbers are the minimum and maximum values of the color scale bar at the right side of the display. That is to show you how the colors relate to the temperature.

I don't know how to answer your other questions, but I did find this manual:

I will read that tomorrow.
However, when I get close to the camera with a lighter for instance, the value at the top goes to 176 C

Reaction score
However, when I get close to the camera with a lighter for instance, the value at the top goes to 176 C
That is due to the temperature range changing. The flame is 176C, so that is the new max temperature the camera sees. The color bar will not change, but the values each color represents will change.

eugeniob

n3wb
Reaction score
That is due to the temperature range changing. The flame is 176C, so that is the new max temperature the camera sees. The color bar will not change, but the values each color represents will change.
Thank you.
I was anyhow hoping to retrieve the data I needed through this call:

http://<serverip>/ISAPI/Thermal/channels/2/thermometry/1/rulesTemperatureInfo?format=json

which I've found on this very forum. The camera however responds "Not support" :(

eugeniob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.
I was anyhow hoping to retrieve the data I needed through this call:

http://<serverip>/ISAPI/Thermal/channels/2/thermometry/1/rulesTemperatureInfo?format=json

which I've found on this very forum. The camera however responds "Not support" :(
Which, by the way, as an API call isn't stated ANYWHERE findable on the internet. No manual whatsoever has got that in it. Great!

Reaction score
You might try and PM the person that posted the call and supposedly got it to work. @Nimbus was the user in that thread. But I don't know if you will get a response. It looks like he joined only to solve this one issue and has not been on here since.

Two other users, @SamM and @Spirch were also interested in this topic. Maybe they have found a resolution or you could work together to solve it.