DS-7204HQHI-F1/N Password Reset?

LancsBen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently acquired a Hikvision DVR after upgrading a system. I would like to set their old Hik DVR back to factory settings but I’m unable to do so due to not knowing the password, and they haven’t used it for a long time they’re unable to remember. I've tried various methods including the TFTP method to no avail.

I've also emailed support.uk@hikvision.com but got an email back saying they only help if i'm a trade customer which i'm not..

Are there any working options anyone knows of to set the password to factory, 12345?

Thanks,

Ben.

LancsBen

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: On the TFTP tool it is connecting to the DVR but its on 192.168.0.32 where I believe its meant to be on 192.168.0.64?

I'm getting the econt_Vision-AV2000 when its meant to be looking for digicap.dav?

How am I supposed to change the DVR address without the password? Untitled.png

LancsBen

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it working, exported the .XML from forgot password section on SADP and emailed Technical Support who I found very responsive.

One thing to note; when you export the .XML from SADP and emailed it to them, don't power off the unit until you get the returned decryption XML and uploaded. I had to get it twice off them before it worked.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easy way is just to reflash the firmware to the DVR, that way you don't need to contact them.