DS-7208HGHI-SH + DS-2CD2342WD-I issues

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-7208HGHI-SH + DS-2CD2342WD-I issues - RESOLVED

Ok ive been using the DVR fine with a standard Video feed cam but decided to upgrade to a decent IP cam.

Powered up IP cam accessed direct via web interface and 'activated' or reset the admin password i can see the live feed fine on the default ip/ direct web interface. Both DVR and IP cam on same subnet.

Attempted to add the IP cam to my DVR using System> Camera Management > Quick Add
Status results with Offline (The user is locked) I have now ensured admin password for DVR and admin for web interface direct to Ip cam are identical (shouldn't matter?! but i have in case) but still same issue. I can login to web interface direct using same user and password.

If i try manually adding just marks status as 'Offline'

Your assistance would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Log into IP camera and disable the lock. It is already locked from before you changed the password so you must wait 30min or disable the lock. I ran into the same problem adding an IP camera to the turbo hd dvr.

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
Aye now it says User Password error :(
I am using identical password for both devices (for now until i get it working)

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aye now it says User Password error :(
Click modify in dvr (where shown in your screenshot) and change password to whaterver you used to log into the ip camera.

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep already modified as i had the same thoughts as with quick add doesn't prompt you for a password.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep already modified as i had the same thoughts as with quick add doesn't prompt you for a password.
I had the exact same issues as you've been having and modifying the password after disabling the camera lock worked. I didn't use quick add though as I left the camera and dvr with different passwords. Just delete the camera and re-add manually, should work fine.

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks spixel for your prompt responses here, most appreciated. Ill try again from scratch!

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks spixel for your prompt responses here, most appreciated. Ill try again from scratch!
Tried adding the cam direct on my android phone via iVMS-4500 and works fine also.

'Quick Add' from DVR detects the cam but fails with password issues so it seems to be aware of eachother. Both devices are connected via the same 3port devolo home plug hmm.

I don't want to but its like i need to netmon the handshake between the two nics using tcpdump or something, how tedious not up for that on a saturday evening :(

Last edited by a moderator:

.ken

n3wb
Reaction score
Fixed.

Right some success!! Popped into the garage earlier and logged onto the DVR locally, saw an exclamation next to the ip camera, which revealed 'resolution or bit rate has reached the limit' which jogged my memory i set the cam resolution to 2688 x 1520 in the advanced just to see what would happen..ahem. Aha, i recollect this DVR supports max of 1080p, therefore from the web panel, the DVR i gather just says 'nah' to the exceeded resolution feed and marks the cam offline.

A lesson learnt for anyone else out there a bit new to these, DON'T rely on the web interface to trouble shoot you could be missing some vital error messages from the console.

Thanks for listening!