DS-7608NI-E2/8P Firmware Help

rhunton1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently got given a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P device after the previous owner tried to do a firmware update and bricked it. I've done some checking and the device is a grey market import as when you try and apply a firmware with a language flag of 1 it says it's set to 2 in the boot.

I've been able to apply the Chinese Firmware NVR_K41_QD_CN_STD_V3.4.98_171121 onto the device no problems but obviously all of the menus are in Chinese.

I've tired using hiktools.exe to change the language flag on the digicap.dav but when I do it gives me a message !!!you device is illegal, Please call factory!!! with a lot of beeps.

I've read through the forums but just keep going around in circles and I'm at the point of throwing it in the bin.

The question is am I wasting my time or is it possible to downgrade it to an earlier firmware to get back to English language. If it is possible would anyone be able to help me out with a digicap.dav to try?

If not its off in the bin.

Cheers

Rob

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P
If that model number is correct - it's an International version and would work with the EN/ML firmware.
What does SADP show for the model number? Possibly DS-7608N-E2/8P ?
What you've described is the classic 15 beep complaint about applying EN firmware to a CN NVR.

I'm at the point of throwing it in the bin.
Don't do that - it's only firmware, not a hardware fault. It's fixable ...
It sounds like you have serial console access if you can see the ' ... illegal!!!' message.