DS-HD1 Showing as 'No Link' on NVR

Reaction score
I noticed recently that on my Hikvision NVR, the DS-HD1 doorbell camera has been showing as 'No Link'. I can still view the camera through the EZVIZ app but it somehow isn't connected to the NVR. I tried rebooting the NVR with no success. Nothing has been changed on my end. When I go into the 'Camera' settings of the NVR, it says "failed to get channel parameters or device capabilities". I was going to delete the camera and re-add it but it wouldn't let me delete it. Anybody have any insight into this problem and how to rectify it?

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try to connect the camera to another socket of the NVR. Possibly, it will help

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe try to change the camera's ip and add it to NVR as new device and see, what happens

Schnavel

n3wb
Reaction score
I was scrolling the internet and came across this thread.

I have two Ezviz Wireless Husky Air cameras installed in my home and have been using them over the past 8 months, connected to my Hikvision NVR. Over this past weekend, the feed stopped showing on the NVR. I have checked the following:

• IP Addresses, subnet masks etc
  • I can ping each camera
  • Both cameras are operational and on the correct wifi
  • I can access both cameras on my Unifi network management portal
  • I can see and edit both cameras in SADP
  • Both cameras work perfectly in Ezviz
  • Full reset on both cameras and NVR
Previously, the two cameras would automatically show up on the Hikvision NVR and now don't appear. If I attempt to add them manually, they simply don't work. It seems that there was a firmware update over the weekend which "hides" the cameras from the Hikvision NVR.

Anyone figured out a work around, or how to downgrade the firmware? It's very frustrating having to log into the Ezviz app to view the cameras, and now there is no recording as all recording is done through the Hikvision NVR.

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've never done it before with NVR, but i think, you can try to downgrade firmware via tftpd. If it impossible, you can connect the NVR to PC using USB-UART connection and make NVR to install the firmware from tftpd,- I think, that in such way the NVR should accept any kind of firmware.

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, i thought that problem became after NVR update. Anyway, you can do the same with ur cams.
Also through serial connection you can read the output and fin out what goes wrong (errors, warnings, etc.)

Reaction score
After trying all kinds of various troubleshooting with nothing working, I reset my doorbell and after about the 10th reset everything seems to be working this evening. I had already reset my doorbell several times because it seems like I was having issues with viewing it on my wifi, too, where I wasn't even able to view it remotely on wifi. We'll see how long it lasts. I have an extra unopened doorbell laying around so if it does it again I may just put that one on to see if it's something intrinsic to the doorbell itself.

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After trying all kinds of various troubleshooting with nothing working, I reset my doorbell and after about the 10th reset everything seems to be working this evening. I had already reset my doorbell several times because it seems like I was having issues with viewing it on my wifi, too, where I wasn't even able to view it remotely on wifi. We'll see how long it lasts. I have an extra unopened doorbell laying around so if it does it again I may just put that one on to see if it's something intrinsic to the doorbell itself.
that's fine

Schnavel

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to work around my issue using the RTSP feed. As mentioned, the camera was still operational and could be viewed, but it wouldn't work on my Hikvision NVR (even though it has for the past 8 months).

There was no issue to pull in the feeds, so thankfully it all works for now and I won't need to buy another camera.

Really frustrating that Ezviz changed this. I have spoken to some people in the camera industry and they mention that the issues with Ezviz are growing every month - it will be interesting to see how long they continue for.

Reaction score
It lasted less than 24 hours before it went back to ‘No Link’. I’ve got to say, Hikvision has proven to be fairly frustrating.

Schnavel

n3wb
Reaction score
It lasted less than 24 hours before it went back to ‘No Link’. I’ve got to say, Hikvision has proven to be fairly frustrating.
I don't think it is a Hikvision issue, rather an Ezviz one. Try the work around as per my previous post and you should be able to get the feed up and running.

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There should be a log section in NVR's settings page, try to study it and see, what happend since last succesfull connection till now. Show it to us,- maybe we will see something strange.

Reaction score
I don't think it is a Hikvision issue, rather an Ezviz one. Try the work around as per my previous post and you should be able to get the feed up and running.
What do you mean you were able to get it up and running through the RTSP feed? Sorry, I’m not the most tech savvy person in the world.