DS KB6003 Doorbell with iOS hik connect app

Speuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I've recently installed this doorbell which works very well with my android s7 edge. However on my iPhone 8 running iOS 13.3 and iPad running iOS 12.4.4 when the call button is pressed I get a pop notification but the phone does not ring until I open the app. On the iPhone with vibrate turned on the phone will vibrate but not ring and the answer screen does not pop up until the app is opened.

I have found threads with people have a similar problem with android devices but not found anything relating to iOS version of the hik connect app

Reaction score
I am having also problems with hikvision doorbells and using iPhone, more after latest hik connect update for iOS. I am not getting notifications on a shared doorbell in an iPhone 10. also it gets stuck on 92% loading after accepting call on iPhone 11

Speuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I sorted my problem, it was due to Hik connect notifications on Apple watch, turned those off and iPhone now rings

zsqduke

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m new here. Does the phone ring like a phone call or is it just a push notification that keeps ringing?

speuk1

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m new here. Does the phone ring like a phone call or is it just a push notification that keeps ringing?
Its a push notifications with its own ringtone and pop up display that looks similar to a phone call with red and green phone buttons to answer or decline.

Works really well as long as the connection to WiFi access point is good and you give it a static ip

zsqduke

n3wb
Reaction score
Its a push notifications with its own ringtone and pop up display that looks similar to a phone call with red and green phone buttons to answer or decline.

Works really well as long as the connection to WiFi access point is good and you give it a static ip
I think that’s only when the phone is unlocked? What happens when the phone is locked?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, about that ringtone, where can we change it? i am unable to find it (android) i can only find the notiifcation sound for alarms
i want another ringtone, and also shorter :)

Reaction score
i have a iphone 10 and my wife a iphone8 on the tablet it rings en on the iphone8 also but not on mine anyone idea how this is happening???