DS-KD8003 => how to dial an SIP extension

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, i have setup a PBX server, created an extension
i have the DS-KD8003 registered succesfully on the FreePBX

but where can i tell in ivms that it also need to call anoher SIP extension?

thnx

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i´m also testing the SIP feature with my Hardware PBX.
I was able to call the indoor Station by my deskphone
It was also possible to call my Deskphone by the indoor station

But it was not possible to received the call from the outdoor-Station on my deskphone.
Inside the ivms Software you will find the Intercom - Number Settings. Here i think you can enter a SIP extension.
In my case i need a # and the number oy my internel Deskphone to call it

The question is also were i have to register the SIP PBX. You can activate SIP on the outdoor-satioan and separately on the indoor
Station.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, am also testing it, i have 2 extensions registered, i enabled voip gateway for indoor and outdoor, they register fine
indoor is extension 1 , outdoor is extension 2
my android is extension 3
i can perfecty call from indoor to my android, audio works!

i have now found indeed "number settings" on kd8003 , i typed in there room 1 , sip 3
when i do a doorpress, nothing is rining

gonna try now to setup in number settings "1" (indoor) and then on PBX i do a forward call to 3 , but doesnt ring my android :(

but you said you need to enter a "#" in number settings on 8003 ? so in my case "#3" ? i didnt try that yet
EDIT => tried #3 didnt work either

i know i am almost there

i can call from indoor panel to my android, so i know that PBX is working
i cant call from indoor outdoor or visa versa => maybe normal?
i cant call from android to indoor or outdoor => maybe normal ? since its not actually a phone?

but you succeeded to call from android to indoor panel?

here is also a step by step guide (older screenshots) , they talk about forwarding, allthough i tried that too, but doesnt ring

i am just not sure if i setup "number settings" on the kd8003 , that its actually calling a SIP number

Last edited:

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m using my own local PBX. All my phones i am using inside the house can call each other.
If i want to make a inside call I have to call the extension with # (for eg #55)

It was possible to call the indoor panel from my Deskphone but the audio was really bad.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using chan_sip or pjsip as protocol?

It's strange I can call from indoor to android but not the other way around..
Gonna play with it next week and turning on debug mode, to actually see if the ds8003 is making a sip call when I program those "number settings"

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am still missing a setting, i have configured now the 8003 as extension 1000
in SIP number settings, i have defined 1003 to call , but when i press the doorbell, nothing happens
i have now also enabled logging on PBX, on doorpress event, nothing happens, so that means, the 8003 isnt trying to setup a SIP call
i am missing something, just dont know what ...

see files for my setup

any idea? how is your testing?

Attachments

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think we have to wait. We need new/better firmware.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nah, must be possible with current firmware, all functions are there, just missing something

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, almost there, i can actually call an SIP number now from the 8003
the only issue is , that i cant call the indoor station from sip, i have an issue there
the same thing is happening from my android to indoor, i cant it either, while the other way around works , if i call the android from my indoor

so if i can solve the calling to my indoor from android or 8003 i have it up and running

you were able to call the indoor station right? from a sip? how did you do that ? mine only works from indoor to another sip

Fanz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, in the manual of HIK, not possible in SIP standard to call the doorphone.
For the indoor <-> to android sip/sip phone communication works fine.
I have an issue with video, it's work with android but not with sip phone (codec h254 ok).

Do someone has the same problem?

Attachments

Harni

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, almost there, i can actually call an SIP number now from the 8003
the only issue is , that i cant call the indoor station from sip, i have an issue there
the same thing is happening from my android to indoor, i cant it either, while the other way around works , if i call the android from my indoor

so if i can solve the calling to my indoor from android or 8003 i have it up and running

you were able to call the indoor station right? from a sip? how did you do that ? mine only works from indoor to another sip
Are you able to confirm how you were able to get the 8003 dialling a SIP number? Our 8003 is registered and if i set it to ring a individual extension, or a ring group which we eventually want, when you push the button on thr 8003 it will ring but nothing will happen with the extensions and there is no log of the call being attempted.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, i succeeded to use SIP server, in my case i tested FreePBX
you need to set a number to call on the 8003 , otherwise it tries to call the indoor stations

Harni

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, i succeeded to use SIP server, in my case i tested FreePBX
you need to set a number to call on the 8003 , otherwise it tries to call the indoor stations
Thanks NoFate. Where are you entering this on IVMS. I have entered the group extension under the Dial screen but it just rings.

1617017992036.png

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mine firmware/ivms is newer, so it looks different (newer) i entered SIP numers, then afterwards i defined that roomnr 'press button to call', thats it

1617018283143.png

1617018302636.png

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for testing, if you create room numbers with their SIP, if you have a keypad attached to the DS8003 , you can also call from your keyboard, like calling to room nr 3 you enter on keypad : #3

that will call the SIP nr yo defined for room 3

Harni

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks NoFate, ive updated the firmware and IVMS and now have the same view as you. I have set up the same as you and have it ringing to 8000 yet it just rings and rings. Im also having issues setting up the indoor station. No matter what setting i use it will not register!

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What indoor system do you have? The 93 or 95 with android? Those don't work with official firmware , i needed to load mine with a custom firmware

Harni

n3wb
Reaction score
Im using a DS-KH8350 but i do have both a 93 and 95 here to play with if needed

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah , i only have the android indoor, was no problem here with custom firmware...

I started testing with linphone clients, i was able to call them with the 8003

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am still missing a setting, i have configured now the 8003 as extension 1000
in SIP number settings, i have defined 1003 to call , but when i press the doorbell, nothing happens
i have now also enabled logging on PBX, on doorpress event, nothing happens, so that means, the 8003 isnt trying to setup a SIP call
i am missing something, just dont know what ...

see files for my setup

any idea? how is your testing?
What is your version? I have 2.2.52 and i get Device error every time i try to save config. Same config that was working on 2.0.8 version.