DSC keypad zone issues

bqtchef

n3wb
Reaction score
A lightning strike took out my existing alarm system, so it was time to upgrade. I went from power series 433 keypad to power series PTK5507 keypad and from a pc1555mx to a pc1616
one of my zones is tired into the keypad (PS433) my new keypad PTK doesn't have a zone option and I have no more wires to piggyback to the control board, This Zone is tired to all my windows what are my options?
Thanks
db

bqtchef

n3wb
Reaction score
I used a tracer/tone and found out i had an extra pair of wires from keybus to panel so. I purchased a PC5801 expander now i have another issue.
This is what I'm working with; PTK5507, PC1616, PC5801
My issue is zone 9 works as expected, the rest of the zones 10 through 14 do not (15, 16 are null)
I have verified jumpers for PC5108 are correctly installed, I have done a proper enrollment with section 902, followed by a 1-minute wait, then verifying that Zones 9-16 appear in section 903. I have also verified that section 203 shows ON for 123456 (7 and 8 are null) I have assigned Zone types under 001 (1-14 ) 9 thru 14 are 03
Zones 1 through 8 with PC1616 have EOL resistors and work as expected, the PC5108 zone 9 works it to has EOL resistors, 10 through 14 are window contacts they do not have EOL resistors. I have also run a continuity check on zone 10 thru 14 ( window contacts) and they respond as expected. Zone 10,11,12,13 are always open, and 14 is closed no matter what I do I cannot change zone 10 thru 14.
I created a test line at the panel (door contact with EOLR) tried Zone 10 through 14 the results were the same
I'm thinking I've either missed a programming step (even though zone 9 works) or my expander has issues
Did I miss a step? or have bad zone expander?

Reaction score
It's been a while since I worked on a DSC, bit I believe you can't have eol resistors on some zones and not others. Pretty sure it's a panel wide setting.

When you say you created a test line at the panel, do you mean you wired the door contact directly in to each zone? Best way to test each zone is to just wire a resistor directly across the zone and check if it seals. You may have a faulty door contact that you are testing with. That would rule it out.

bqtchef

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say you created a test line at the panel, do you mean you wired the door contact directly in to each zone
Yes, I did, I know I could of put a resistor in any of the zones to close that particular zone but what I was trying to achieve is the capability of opening/closing the zone with ease.
I did a factory default on both pc1616 and ptk5507 after removing ALL EOLR's and the dam expander still shows the ^ above zones open/closed with nothing installed. I used my test line (again) to see if any changes would occur nope nothing.
Is it possible to factory default on the PC5801? there a button on the board marked SW1 I'm going to remove the board from the panel and give that a try.

bqtchef

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to follow up with this thread in case others have the same issue. It was the module, it was bad. I purchased another PC 5801 and everything worked took less than 45 minutes.