Dual Cam Stopped Streaming But BI Sends Motion Alerts?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased the Dahua dual cam HDBW4231F recently in May, and all was well until yesterday when I noticed the Blue Iris lost the signal to the unit. Here are the symptoms:

• No signal received to Blue Iris
  • Attempts to log into the camera via browser never return a login screen.
  • I can ping the IP address and get a reply.
  • Blue Iris still sends out motion alerts via email, while there's no attached images as before.

Since the alerts are being sent through Blue Iris, it doesn't make sense that it says 'no signal' and still sends out periodic motion alerts. But it isn't just Blue Iris that seems to be at fault, as a browser login to the IP fails as well. Any ideas what is happening with this cam?

Update: Looking at the BI logs, the emails are really not motion alerts, just that the 'Motion detected' string is added for any alert. These emails without attachments are coming from the Watchdog service from the loss of signal. Interestingly, they will fire off emails each time my HomeSeer3 Blue Iris plug in logs into the BI server.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DLONG2 - do you have an SD card in the camera? When my SD card is full mine does that to. I have to unplug power to the camera to restart it and then format the SD card and all is good again. I now set my camera up to delete old files once per week.

I think between the dual cams and everything else, there just isn't enough computing power in the lil guy and once the SD card is full it gets overloaded in how to write over an old file.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, Peter. It's good to know about the SD card issue, although I hadn't placed an SD card into the camera when it was installed. I did have the old G3 Ubiquiti camera still next to the new Dual cam Starlight, and as a test I changed the port to 24V passive and connected the old G3 back, and it worked after re-enabling it in BI. So then I knew the cabling was good. I moved the port back to PoE, swung the cable back over to the Dual Starlight, and it worked again! Then I disconnected the cabling around the nearby female-female coupler, and added LocTite dielectric paste onto the contacts, reconnected and taped, and it is still working fine. Phew!!