Dual monitors for viewing - use on-board HDMIs or splitter?

HDMI Splitter or On-Board HDMI out

• HDMI Splitter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On-Board HDMI Out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a BI NVR that has dual HDMI out. I am needing to display the GUI on a 32" screen and a 40" screen any reason I should not just use the two on-board HDMI instead of buying a HDMI splitter and splitting one of the HDMI outs?

My concern with using the two on-board would be the resources used. Would it increase much?

I'm around 60-75% with 24 cameras 2 MB 15 FPS using direct to disk and an I5 8400 w/16gb of ram displaying on one 40" now.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Great question, I think for video graphics you will be fine, I have run into Cad machines that will stumble a bit but you will not be doing much 3d rendering with your display. How much ram does your video system have? 16 gb of regular ram is great on the system. I think you should be fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a BI NVR that has dual HDMI out. I am needing to display the GUI on a 32" screen and a 40" screen any reason I should not just use the two on-board HDMI instead of buying a HDMI splitter and splitting one of the HDMI outs?

My concern with using the two on-board would be the resources used. Would it increase much?

I'm around 60-75% with 24 cameras 2 MB 15 FPS using direct to disk and an I5 8400 w/16gb of ram displaying on one 40" now.
your cpu usage is very high for that load and that processor...go through every camera and ensure direct to disk is enabled (i often see folks miss a few)...have you enabled hardware acceleration? you can also reduce the live view frame rate to 10fps..it wont affect recording..

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will check again however I created one and the cloned it for each additional camera. HA is enabled. Not sure if video card driver installed would matter or not. I used the latest that stops the memory leaks but it does NOT support the 8th gen Intel processors so I get a yellow exclamation mark in the graphics Driver in device manager but no memory leak.

It Would be nice if BI had a way to export all settings to a XML file that could be uploaded to forums for support and verification of settings...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to get that CPU usage but i got that number from the BI app.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The BiUpdateHelper tool can upload some of your configuration here where it is very easy to glance over for things like funky HWVA settings or missing direct to disk on some cameras: Blue Iris Update Helper
(click on any row of the table to see details)

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
your cpu usage is very high for that load and that processor...go through every camera and ensure direct to disk is enabled (i often see folks miss a few)...have you enabled hardware acceleration? you can also reduce the live view frame rate to 10fps..it wont affect recording..
Just verified. ALL 24 cameras are using Direct to Disk. Intel HD hardware acceleration is set to Yes (H.264)

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes console is open. Hence the thread total viewing cameras from multiple monitors.