Dual Streams with Updated Recording Options Questions

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reading through some recent questions/responses, I noticed that there have been some additional features added on the RECORD tab a while back. Majority of posts are focused on issues surrounding the use of DeepStack and loss of pre-trigger rather than maintaining previous status-quo.

Video
  • When triggered
  • When Alerted
  • Continuous
  • Periodic
- Triggered + periodic
  • Continuous + alerts
  • Continuous + triggered

Options
Record dual-streams if available

I didn't find a description of: OPTION "Record dual-streams if available" within HELP, but guess this is used to restore pre-dual-stream behavior of Continuous (just main-stream) recording when having dual-stream enabled.

To record only main-stream continuously this option would be un-checked while leaving VIDEO selection as Continuous; yes/no?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want the status quo don't use sub streams. On the other hand using sub streams will reduce CPU utilization dramatically. I use sub streams with "continuous + alerts" and I use DeepStack. Recording both streams doesn't impact disk space requirements significantly if the sub stream is set low enough.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great (snarky) non-answer. Thanks!

I do want to save CPU utilization therefore I am using sub-streams. I also want to have main-stream recording without ANY additional storage impact.

Will someone answer the question posed?

To record only main-stream continuously this option would be un-checked while leaving VIDEO selection as Continuous; yes/no?​

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, without the option checked it will only record the main stream. My answer wasn't meant as snark, just offering the choices involved. Too bad you took it that way.