Duhua 4MP TiOC Network Eyeball Camera 2.8mm

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone used or reviewed the 4MP TiOC Network Eyeball Camera 2.8mm, specifically the N43BU82.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used or reviewed the 4MP TiOC Network Eyeball Camera 2.8mm, specifically the N43BU82.

I would try to get a bigger sensor model instead .. 4MP and 1/1.8"

FYI - camera in question ..

4MP TiOC Network Eyeball Camera 2.8mm

• 1/2.7-in. 4MP Progressive-scan CMOS Sensor
  • Triple-stream Encoding
  • AI Coding, Smart H.265+, and Smart H.264+ Video Compression
  • 4MP (2688 x 1520) at 30 fps, 2.8 mm Fixed Lens
  • Analytics+ Functions — Perimeter Protection, Smart Motion Detection+
  • Two (2) Built-in Microphones and a Built-in Speaker
  • Voice Catcher Technology Captures Clear Audio at a Distance
  • Dual Smart Illumination — IR and White Light
  • Active Alarm with Red/Blue Lights and Siren or Voice Prompt
  • Enhanced Starlight Technology for Low-light Applications
  • ArcticPro Series Camera — Operational Down to –40° C (–40° F)
  • IP67 Ingress Protection
  • Five-year Warranty (for products sold through an authorized Dahua dealer)

1656707941316.png

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try to get a bigger sensor model instead .. 4MP and 1/1.8"

FYI - camera in question ..

4MP TiOC Network Eyeball Camera 2.8mm

• 1/2.7-in. 4MP Progressive-scan CMOS Sensor
  • Triple-stream Encoding
  • AI Coding, Smart H.265+, and Smart H.264+ Video Compression
  • 4MP (2688 x 1520) at 30 fps, 2.8 mm Fixed Lens
  • Analytics+ Functions — Perimeter Protection, Smart Motion Detection+
  • Two (2) Built-in Microphones and a Built-in Speaker
  • Voice Catcher Technology Captures Clear Audio at a Distance
  • Dual Smart Illumination — IR and White Light
  • Active Alarm with Red/Blue Lights and Siren or Voice Prompt
  • Enhanced Starlight Technology for Low-light Applications
  • ArcticPro Series Camera — Operational Down to –40° C (–40° F)
  • IP67 Ingress Protection
  • Five-year Warranty (for products sold through an authorized Dahua dealer)

View attachment 132279
Are you suggesting a camera like the Dahua N45DL7Z 4MP IR Starlight+ Vari-focal ePoE Dome Camera?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you suggesting a camera like the Dahua N45DL7Z 4MP IR Starlight+ Vari-focal ePoE Dome Camera?
Hi @Eweneek1

Please post more info on models you are considering, it will help us help you better.

IN general, most of us do not like Dome cameras outdoors ..

Vari-focal are nice, however do cost a bit more .. so this often is up to your budget.

Also, in general Dahua USA seems to give a more limited selection of models compared to what we can source from Hong Kong ( Andy EmpireTecAndy here )

Personally I would recommend getting one good 4MP 1/1.8" varifocal camera to play around with to help determine what sort of coverage you need.

Then once you know how well that works, you can decide better on your setup.

Sometime people are tight on a budget and get fixed lens cameras for many positions and keep a couple of varifocal cameras to keep an eye on street mailbox or front of house parking location ..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them.

I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside.

You can make it siren or say "You are under surveillance" or add your own audio.

The video quality at night is comparable to any similar camera on same sensor and lens size. The biggest problem is people buy this camera expecting to IDENTIFY at 60 feet and no 2.8mm or 3.6mm will do that.

I can also tell you the white light or red/blue if you get the TIOC version is more gimmicky than anything else outside. Nobody will see it unless they are looking at the camera.

Eweneek1

n3wb
Reaction score
There are so many camera models I don't know which ones to consider. Need one to cover parking space about 30 feet from house, and another to cover a carriage house entry about 20 feet from house. Currently have only the one Duhua IPC-T5442T-ZE covering the front yard on an 8 channel NVR with a POE switch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are so many camera models I don't know which ones to consider. Need one to cover parking space about 30 feet from house, and another to cover a carriage house entry about 20 feet from house. Currently have only the one Duhua IPC-T5442T-ZE covering the front yard on an 8 channel NVR with a POE switch.
None of the active deterrence or TIOC will give you IDENTIFY at those distances as they are 2.8 or 3.6mm lens and the best they could do would be 10-15 feet at night with good light. Now if all you want to do is observe, then yes a 2.8 or 3.6mm is fine.

You need to decide if you want to OBSERVE, RECOGNIZE, OR IDENTIFY and then get the correct camera for that distance.

Here are my general distance recommendations, but switch out the Dahua 5442 series camera to the equivalent 2MP on the 1/2.8" sensor or equivalent Hikvision works as well.
  • 5442 fixed lens 2.8mm or the 4K/X - anything within 10 feet of camera OR as an overview camera
  • T5449H-ASE-D2 2.8mm fixed lens - anything within 10 feet of camera where the object would be in a backlit condition at night
  • 5441F-AS-E2 (AKA Boobie cam) or E3241F-AS-M- great choice for a front door camera. The boobie cam can have one lens pointed down for packages
  • T5241H-AS-PV - Great little active deterrence camera with two way talk. Good for anything within 10 feet of camera or as an overview camera
  • 5442 ZE or 5842-ZE- varifocal up to 13mm- distances up to 40-50 feet (personally I wouldn't go past the 30 foot range but I like things closer)
  • 5442 Z4E - varifocal up to 32mm - anything up to 80-100 feet (personally I wouldn't go past 60 feet but I like things closer)
  • 5241-Z12E - varifocal up to 64mm - anything from 80 feet to almost 200 feet (personally I wouldn't go past 150 feet because I like things closer)
  • 5241-Z12E - for a license plate cam that you would angle up the street to get plates up to about 175 feet away, or up to 220 with additional IR.
  • 49225 PTZ - great auto-track PTZ and in conjunction with an NVR or Blue Iris and the cameras above that you can use as spotter cams to point the PTZ to the correct location to compliment the fixed cams.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just purchase another one like you already have. It's the best all around go to camera.
Just remember, any camera will only perform it's best when taken off of factory defaults, and is manually set/tuned for it's FOV.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My house is in a bit of a troubled neighborhood. Sometime teenagers from the neighborhood hangout in my front yard when I'm not around. I want can ip camera with two-way audio and a siren. Is the Dahua N43BU82 a good fit for my needs?

It has "RCA audio input and output". Do I need to connect the RCA jacks to get the audio to work? I would think the cat5 should be able to carry the audio signals.

Can I get all of the features of this ip camera to work using just the ethernet connection?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See my post 7 above. You would be better off with the 2MP active deterrence IPC-T5241H-AS-PV .

All you need is power to the camera via either a 12v power supply or POE through an ethernet cable to set up the audio and video components. The cat5 will carry the video and audio. The RCA is only if you want to add louder speaker or better mic than the onboard system.

Reach out to @EMPIRETECANDY a trusted vendor here and purchase directly from him or at his Amazon store. It will surely be cheaper.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See my post 7 above. You would be better off with the 2MP active deterrence IPC-T5241H-AS-PV .

All you need is power to the camera via either a 12v power supply or POE through an ethernet cable to set up the audio and video components. The cat5 will carry the video and audio. The RCA is only if you want to add louder speaker or better mic than the onboard system.

Reach out to @EMPIRETECANDY a trusted vendor here and purchase directly from him or at his Amazon store. It will surely be cheaper.
Thanks wittaj. Will the 2MP version of IPC-T5241H-AS-PV allow me to identify individuals at 15 feet? I just need to be able to identify people that get close to my windows in case one of these punks tries to break in.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have it no higher than 7 or 8 feet high and have enough light, you might be able to with the 3.6mm fixed lens version.

If it is any higher, then the IDENTIFY distance is lost in the vertical direction and you would get tops of heads.

But at the same time, if they are known kids in the neighborhood, then RECOGNIZE would certainly be possible.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't go past 10 feet at night for IDENTIFY with a 2.8mm unless you have a ton of light. But the RECOGNIZE would certainly be there if they are known individuals.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
prob not.
I wouldn't go past 10 feet at night for IDENTIFY with a 2.8mm unless you have a ton of light. But the RECOGNIZE would certainly be there if they are known individuals.
Thanks flynreelow and wittaj.

I hope this isn't TMI... My house is a brick rowhouse (attached on both sides) about 22 feet wide that sits back from the street about 15 feet and up on a hill about 8 feet above the sidewalk. I've got cat6 for the ip cameras at the left and right sides of the building about 7 feet high at the front of the house so about 15 above the sidewalk. My plan is to have both cameras looking diagonally toward each other so that I capture anyone approaching the house from the front. Also, there's a powerful flood light that will kick on if someone walks up the towards the house. I have a similar set up in the rear.

Based on you're comments, I think I should put a 3.6mm IPC-T5241H-AS-PV on both the front and rear, probably on the left side which is where the doors are located. But I will still need another camera for right side. I have two Dahua Technology N42BJ62 4MP cameras that I was planning on using. What do you think? Any recommendations?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that will be problematic for IDENTIFY of unknowns. 15 feet away from the camera horizontal and 15 feet away from the camera vertical is tough for a 2.8 or 3.6mm.

With those dimensions, at the sidewalk, you will get mostly top of heads and hoodies. But if it is people you know or people that the neighborhood would know, then yeah the recognize could happen from that placement.

Ideally to IDENTIFY at the sidewalk you would need a varifocal that you could optically zoom out at a greater distance to flatten the angle and get the IDENTIFY shot.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah that will be problematic for IDENTIFY of unknowns. 15 feet away from the camera horizontal and 15 feet away from the camera vertical is tough for a 2.8 or 3.6mm.
I agree--it will be difficult to identify at the sidewalk, but recognizing at the sidewalk would be fine. For identifying, I care much more about someone trying to get through the door or windows.