Dummy here got ahead of myself.... wrong gear

Wetstuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a simple task: my house is back in the woods on 25 acres ( 10ha) with a winding lane to get back to it. Assuming a simple package deal would handle the task, I discovered a 4ch package that used BNC cables was not up to it because I the distance between the dedicated TV/monitor and camera was >200' (61m).

I read that I needed a PoE system using Cat5/6 cabling—for longer distances. I purchased a basic Chinese 4ch system (mdl: NVR 7504P-P4) and got a HIK camera. Sadly, I cannot get the two to mate. The NVR sees the camera but there's some trick to the password, etc...

Then, the NVR has basic software that shows all four channels. There does not appear to be a way to select one single, full-screen image.

So, the big question: Is there a way -like new software- for the NVR where I can get the single view and the camera to mate? If not, is there another some simple NVR that would mate with the HIK cam? I want the best possible image without going to 4k or some extreme. I have a very decent 24", 1080p TV. Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Jim

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score