DVR network disconnect issue?

JDDReflex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I recently noticed an issue with my DVR and have been trying to solve it for a while now.

I have 6 camera's attached to my DVR (Model DS-7208HQHI-K1). The initial issue was that Hik-connect was showing as network unstable when trying to playback video via Hik-Connect but then when I was trying to figure out why, I was having issues with getting onto the portal and the reason may go hand in hand with what I have noticed below.

The issue I think I've found is that the connection DVR connection drops out frequently.
When I look for online devices via SADP, i am be able to see the 'online device' for a few minutes before it disappears, and then re-appears for another few minutes. In-between the time it drops off, I cant access the Hikvision Portal as the connection gets refused- and when it appears again I can ( when the connection eventually doesn't get refused) however the portal is very very slow and I often get 'Network Abnormal' when trying to log in. My internet connection to other sites remain unaffected.

I've tried switching LAN ports on my router, resetting both router and DVR but that hasn't changed anything.
My next thing to do is to try a different router to see if this solves anything, it was working fine for a couple of months until recently.

My internet download avg's 50mbps and 4mbps upload.
Model DS-7208HQHI-K1 - V.3.5.37 build 180801

My IPV4 is 192.168.1.7
HTTP PORT: 90
And I access the portal via http://192.168.1.7:90

Could anyone suggest what could be causing the disconnects and suggest what I could do?
Apologies if I am being abit vague, total rookie here..
Any suggestion would be much appreciated, thank you - James