DVR no beep and display

Blero

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello my dvr stopped working because,,,, when i opened both cpu fans were dead :( i opened them cleaned added some oil put back again fans are spining now, but no display and hdd not running i think power from motherboard is not going to hdd, hdd work fine on pc via external cables, So i dont saw anything strange on motherboard that could be damaged capacitors etc, what could be that doesnt start.

Thank you

Blero

n3wb
Reaction score
No is not poe is nvr hd sdi monacor hdvr 188 , with coaxial cable and every camera has own power cable or from the one that power the dvr. do you think is power supply problem ?> thank you

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No is not poe is nvr hd sdi monacor hdvr 188 , with coaxial cable and every camera has own power cable or from the one that power the dvr. do you think is power supply problem ?> thank you
I could be, it's just that when the power supply is external it's pretty easy to diagnose and to replace if faulty.
Most of those type that you describe have an external 12VDC power supply rated at 3.0 Amps or greater and the center pin of the coaxial power plug is positive (+) and the collar is negative(-). You should be able to read that voltage with a VOM, DVM or multi-tester.

Blero

n3wb
Reaction score
I could be, it's just that when the power supply is external it's pretty easy to diagnose and to replace if faulty.
Most of those type that you describe have an external 12VDC power supply rated at 3.0 Amps or greater and the center pin of the coaxial power plug is positive (+) and the collar is negative(-). You should be able to read that voltage with a VOM, DVM or multi-tester.
Yes, power supply was faulty cuz if hdd not runing there is not enough power coming from DC, so i found around 12V and 3A original is 12v 5A, cuted power plug from old one attached to the other dc bam pluged in outled and dvr started all fans spining max speed im glad that is not damaged dvr, thank you for your time and help, i hope someone will find this topic useful

Regard