DYNDNS Hostname in Blue Iris

bubble

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 10 cams (7 Hikvisions, 3 Foscams) being served by my PC which runs Blue Iris. Motion sensing/recording & clip playback from remote locations works fine (all port forwarding is completely functional). The companion iPhone app functions great as well while away from home. However, I simply cannot figure out where to enter my DYNDNS hostname to keep my remote access functional. The EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS entry in the WEB SERVER tab will only accept a numerical entry. This works as long as my IP does not change. I have the DYN UPDATER installed on this PC. Of course, when the IP changes, I lose remote access. So...where does the DYN HOSTNAME get entered?? Any help is appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to enter your dyndns address into the "external server address" box in the ios app, replacing your external ip address. make sure you dont forget to also add the port. So for example if you address is blueiris.dyndns.org and your port is 8686 then you should have blueiris.dyndns.org:8686 in the box

bubble

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! As soon as I read your reply, I immediately knew you were right.

I am no I.T. pro, just a resourceful wanna-be. It took A LOT of research just to get my system to where it is now, & this last obstacle just got overlooked. When I entered my actual IP address into the EXTERNAL SERVER ADDRESS field, the greyed text "external server address" gets overwritten. I assumed this entry required numbers, lol.

You clearly have a solid understanding of this app, and are a wonderful asset to this forum!

Thank You

PS: does FENDERMAN refer to car parts or guitars?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Bubble, welcome to the forum. We are all here to help each other. Glad you got it set up and working. Fenderman is a guitar reference :)