Eagle Crushes Bird To Death

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One down and a BUNCH to go....I don't like those flying rats.
They'd crap all over our parking lot, street lighting and under overpass lighting so much. Those under the overpasses were so bad you'd have to mask up because the possibility of a bad lung infection (fungal, IIRC).

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't that a Red Tail Hawk? Those Mockingbirds are pretty brave, trying to save that pigeon. I've seen Mockingbirds trying to save another Mockingbird from hawks before, but not trying to save another type of bird before.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't that a Red Tail Hawk? Those Mockingbirds are pretty brave, trying to save that pigeon. I've seen Mockingbirds trying to save another Mockingbird from hawks before, but not trying to save another type of bird before.
Could be that the mockingbirds are nesting right now, so they go after anything that's in their zone...we've got bluebirds on a nest as we speak. And they're some barn swallows with hatchlings outside our fav local restaurant overhanging eaves.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Now it makes sense. I wondering the same thing as @bp2008. That is, why the eagle left without taking its kill?
It seemed awful cruel to kill just for the fun of it (only humans do that)
Well, cats do the exact same thing, along with weasels, honey badgers, jaguars, orcas, red foxes, leopards, lions, spotted hyenas, brown bears, American black bears, polar bears, coyotes, lynxes, minks, raccoons...........