Easier way to make zones?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks - sometimes, my zones get complicated and are more than a straight line. Is there an easier way to do a zone and then inverse it? For e.g. the attached image is zone B. I wish I could simply copy zone B to zone C and then hit Inverse but doesn't seem this works. Hence, I'm forced to literally place my finger on the monitor and change zones and make sure I'm not overlapping any single box. I think I'm doing something stupid and looking for a better way

Thx

Attachments

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can't help exactly what you're asking but I'll tell you how I do it. I just wipe out the areas I don't want to be monitored. It's much easier if you set the size of your brush to MUCH larger than the default which is the smallest. Then for fine tuning, I'll drop the size of the brush down,

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That worked theDank. 105437 hopefully the functionality will come back soon

By the way, if there is an error and a simple cell overlaps, what't he worst that could happen

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is my understanding though that if using "Zone Crossing" - like if an object moves from zone B to C as your trigger, then you must have a blank square between the zones.
There are video tutorials in the wiki section where he gives some reasons why. Definitely worth a watch.
I just don't overlap my zones any longer as my concern would be having the alert confused on how to respond.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ken, BI's author actually configured mine on a remote session and said they should touch and no empty squares

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for "zone crossing" ?
well, I won't argue with Ken, but I'll have to make time for some tests soon :cool:
Thanks

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do very much as you do then. One zone covers everything but I have separated my other zones per that video.
I am going to go back and watch it again for the 4th time to check the logic of his reasoning which you kind of stated anyway.
Testing is always fun when I make the time.
Oh, I also like your post on clearing zone A first so you can see the outlines of the others - nice tip :clap:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I spoke with Ken this morning and the just released 5.2.7.11 has a new feature I requested this morning. You are now able to go to a camera profile and copy the zone map from any zone to any other zone in that profile. For example... This makes it real easy to draw a complex zone in zone A, copy/paste it in zone B and then invert it to create precise zone crossing detection.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
installed and works perfectly - I wonder why I can't find this listed in the update description. Seems important enough.