easy ip 3 camera suggestion for front

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking to add a 4mm camera on the gate pillar facing oneway down a street, covering the gate entry point.

I already have a 4mm ds-2cd2342wd-i mounted high up on the 1st floor that covers the front from an overview point of view. Night vision isnt that good, so thus I would prefer the gate pillar camera to have better night vision as its more on ground.

Am I correct to say the 4m easy ip cameras powered by dark fighter have better night vision than their 5 and 8mp counterparts?

DS-2CD2T45FWD - this seems clunky but would it be more secure on the gate pillar? As someone could if they wanted reach up to the camera

OR

DS-2CD2045FWD (in stock)

Turrent cameras are no longer stocked in my market so DS-2CD2345FWD is not being considered.

thanks

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
No shortage, and much cheaper, when purchasing from offshore.
And the turret format is much more proof against spider webs and tampering than a bullet format.
Actually where I am its cheaper to get locally directly from the official distributors. The 2CD2045FWD I checked, it would cost me about $85 with warranty. Getting the same cam from aliexpress would be $110 plus a lot of custom duty would apply.

Turret would be my first choice but no demand so its not stocked. Was lucky to get the 2cd2342wd previously. Will check the market soon to see availability.

Couldnt find much talk on 2CD2045FWD and 2CD2T45FWD. Specs seem the same, with the later having better IR distance.

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the 2CD2045FWD, 4mm. 2CD2T45FWD I8 was also available but I didnt need the IR distance and I prefered the smaller size of the mini bullet.

In comparison to the 2cd2342wd, night vision is considerably better and more clear. The 2cd2342wd picks up a lot of dust particles on its IR, the 2CD2045FWD is clear in this regard. Thus less false alerts. I have mounted it on the gate pillar, used a modified angled junction meant for turrets to get the angle pointed down to cover the front gate entry point.

Overall happy with it. I can mostly read number plates in the day, not very clear though. Maybe in the future I may consider a 12mm lens for that, if I can get one.