EBW-81200 : FTP snapshot names...

ipipip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Dahua EBW-81200 fisheye IP camera :
I can't find a way to modifiy the default name and the way the folders are organized for snapshots that are sent to FTP server.
They are are listed like this : custom name (folder) -> 2A03B31PAW00016 (folder) -> date (folder) -> 001 (folder) -> jpg (folder) ->hour (folder) -> minute (folder) -> 06[R][0@0][0].jpg (image file).
I want to get the name of the .jpg files with a custom name and a number or/and the date... but no menu for any choice.
Any clue ?

Thanks

Philippe

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its not configurable in any meaningful way, you'd have to parse the results externally with a script and move them where you want with the name you want.

ipipip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nayr,

Thanks for your response.
I'm not really a programmer so I think I'll have to find someone to make this script. I'm on Mac : should I look towards Applescript? php? javascript?...
I think that I have to extract the exif from each file in order to get the date and hour of the image, then replace the 51[R][0@0][0] with that result ?

Best regards,

Philippe

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there is no data in exif, use the timestamp on the file, or extract it from the path

whatever language you feel most comfortable scripting with.

ipipip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi framendlv,

Thanks !
This seems to be the solution. However, I'm a Mac user and I don't know how to launch this software. I've double-clicked on it but nothing happens (Vista OS).
I was expecting a console window where to enter paths, but maybe I've not understood how to use it. I'll search a little more.

Best regards

Philippe