electronics question

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I took a POE midspan and bought two big quiet fans off amazon, I cut off the connectors for the stock fans and spliced them onto the new fans, I plug them in, power up the midspan, the fans spin but the damn thing doesn't boot, anyone have any ideas? do I need to fake it out somehow?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
what is the model and make of the midspan. Maybe we can find a schematic online.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything but a user manual. It did state a sequence of apply power - fans - POST. So it probably has a sense line in the fan connector it wants to see a signal on or no POST. Were there 4 wires in the connector harness? Guessing the fans you bought aren't supplying the correct signal. Might try calling the manufacturer.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything but a user manual. It did state a sequence of apply power - fans - POST. So it probably has a sense line in the fan connector it wants to see a signal on or no POST. Were there 4 wires in the connector harness? Guessing the fans you bought aren't supplying the correct signal. Might try calling the manufacturer.
stock fans 3 wire, new fans 3 wire, though ima check that signal wire again to make sure it's getting a connection.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nothing is easy. Nice midspan though.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ear plugs?
LOL nah, I only need POE+ for my PTZ and my ultra starlight bullet, the POE+ injector I have for the PTZ is half off on amazon right now, $20, can't beat it, I just ordered one, and keep using my 8 port passive poe injector for everything else, when I run out of those ports I'll just buy another, I don't think I see me owning more than like 16 cams but if I do, I can always get a 3rd, no biggy lol. what I still really need though is the biggest fanless switch I can get.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL nah, I only need POE+ for my PTZ and my ultra starlight bullet, the POE+ injector I have for the PTZ is half off on amazon right now, $20, can't beat it, I just ordered one, and keep using my 8 port passive poe injector for everything else, when I run out of those ports I'll just buy another, I don't think I see me owning more than like 16 cams but if I do, I can always get a 3rd, no biggy lol. what I still really need though is the biggest fanless switch I can get.
Link to that injector?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk