Email Alerts Have Stopped Working.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it just me of has the hik/gmail combo stopped working?

My gmail account is empty and none of my hik cams work :sad:

Just says test failed.

cvilledave

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe this is an issue on Gmail's end. They changed something that seems to be affecting folks that use their SMTP server. My cameras stopped sending email alerts a few days ago and I finally gave up trying to get them to work with Gmail now (after they reliably did so for several years). Some folks have said Hikvision has released new firmware that supports TLS (with mixed results). I didn't want to mess with new firmware so I elected to use a 3rd party SMTP service instead, and that works just fine.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you give me the details please?

I have read all the other thread and nothing works for me.

cvilledave

n3wb
Reaction score
If you want to use a different SMTP service for sending your camera alerts, you can find several by searching for "free SMTP server" via Google or your search engine of choice. I just picked one of the ones that seemed to be recommended and had a free plan that was consistent with the number of alerts I expect to send/see each day. I signed up for the service and substituted the SMTP server name and authentication credentials for the one I was previously using with Gmail. Took less than 20 minutes to search, signup, change out the SMTP server, and test it out (and I'm pretty slow). I ended up picking sendinblue for my SMTP server, but there are many other available options that might work better for you depending on where you are located.

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried the 'push alarm' function instead of 'email alert. Under the 'linkage method' on the 'motion detection' setup, instead of checking 'send email', just check 'notify surveillance center', then on your phone App - ivms4500, enable 'alarm' for your device. Any motion detected by the NVR, it will popup a notification on your cell phone. Don't waste your time on email any more, I think Gmail did something nasty to stop Hikvision's hitchhiking on its email server.

Reaction score
If you want to use a different SMTP service for sending your camera alerts, you can find several by searching for "free SMTP server" via Google or your search engine of choice. I just picked one of the ones that seemed to be recommended and had a free plan that was consistent with the number of alerts I expect to send/see each day. I signed up for the service and substituted the SMTP server name and authentication credentials for the one I was previously using with Gmail. Took less than 20 minutes to search, signup, change out the SMTP server, and test it out (and I'm pretty slow). I ended up picking sendinblue for my SMTP server, but there are many other available options that might work better for you depending on where you are located.
Eh. I am having the same problem. I tried sendinblue, zoho.com, hotmail, and yahoo... none connect with the test. I tried the push notification from the app like shaoalan79 suggested, but it doesn't appear to be working... Might need to wait until there is an event, but I can't get into the camera settings from the app. It says that my firmware isn't supported. I'm running
V5.2.5 build 141201. I did go into alarms though and checked my camera, that did seem to work... We'll see. Too late to go outside and force an event.

Any other ideas anyone?