Email alerts issue - additional emails sent

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for a while now and it has developed a strange issue.

I'm using 4.5.1.6 x64 with a number of IP cameras, some of which are set to generate email alerts when triggered. I have no groups defined. Alert emails have a subject of "&CAM Blue Iris alert" and a body that includes "Motion detected on camera: &CAM"

Camera 1 works just fine, it triggers and generates emails as you would expect, with the correct subject and body and the correct photo attachments.

When any of the others trigger and generate emails alerts they do so, with the email as you would expect. The issue is that at the same time they also generate a spurious email for Camera 1 (which is not triggered) and, while the message in the body is correct (refers to triggered camera) and the correct photos are attached, the subject refers to Camera 1!

I've tried creating and deleting groups, disabling and re-enabling alerts, have restarted, checked for updates and completed a DB repair. What else should I try, please?

Thank you.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
I should have said that the 2nd email photos are not duplicates of the ones in the correct email - they are taken within a few seconds of the other set.

RGN01

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved. I discovered that for Camera 1 it was set to 'fire when any camera is triggered' so I have changed that to 'fire when this camera is triggered' and it is orted.

I have no idea how I set that on as I don't recall even seeing the setting before but at least it is sorted now.