Email alerts not working with own email server.

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm trying to get the email alerts working on my DS-7604NI-E1/4P with my own email server.
I've read a lot of posts about this issue but all of them related to gmail, and seems it's fixed on the latest firmware.
In my case i'm not using gmail but my own email server. I've tried with and without SSL enabled (changing to the correct port of course) but can't get it work.

Firmware version is 3.4.0

nvr_1.jpg

Using telnet I've checked that port 25 isn't blocked by the router or ISP.

nvr_2.jpg

If I configure iVMS-4200 with the same email settings works fine.

nvr_3.jpg

nvr_4.jpg

I do not know what else to try, network settings are ok on the NVR, including DNS servers.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

glsmall

n3wb
Reaction score
I've never had any luck setting up email from my personal email server. I've tried on both Swan and Dahua DVRs but had no luck on either. I ended up using a gmail account but even then it would quit working intermittently. And with both those systems when I talked to support their response was to use a gmail account. I should have a Hikvision NVR coming in next week so I'll try again. If I have any luck I'll post up.

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, i've upgraded to v3.4.2 to try the TLS support and works fine with my server and also with gmail.
SSL and port 25 still not working with this version, anyway i don't need it while TLS works.

05102016203016.jpg05102016203150.jpg