email problem

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have emailed about not being able to start BI anymore. I included all my info from when I purchased and when I purchased again.
I got the following reply, which I understand to mean please always use "Email support" from the Settings page in the PC software. From within BI.
The problem is I cannot get BI started anymore. It will no longer accept the password to start it.
There also appears to be no way to call anyone from BI because there is no phone number.
Can anyone help?

Hello!

If you are writing concerning an existing installation, please always use "Email support" from the Settings page in the PC software and then paste that information at the top of the body of your email for each new thread. This allows us to provide you with more efficient service by avoiding the necessity of a reply to request this information. It will also prevent Gmail from routing messages to our spam folder inadvertently.

While our goal is to respond within 24 hours, we often have an email backlog each day. Staffing and the nature of your request may add additional delay. Please refrain from replying to your own message as this sorts your message to the bottom of the queue once again.

Thanks!

The Blue Iris support team

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have emailed about not being able to start BI anymore. I included all my info from when I purchased and when I purchased again.
I got the following reply, which I understand to mean please always use "Email support" from the Settings page in the PC software. From within BI.
The problem is I cannot get BI started anymore. It will no longer accept the password to start it.
There also appears to be no way to call anyone from BI because there is no phone number.
Can anyone help?

Hello!

If you are writing concerning an existing installation, please always use "Email support" from the Settings page in the PC software and then paste that information at the top of the body of your email for each new thread. This allows us to provide you with more efficient service by avoiding the necessity of a reply to request this information. It will also prevent Gmail from routing messages to our spam folder inadvertently.

While our goal is to respond within 24 hours, we often have an email backlog each day. Staffing and the nature of your request may add additional delay. Please refrain from replying to your own message as this sorts your message to the bottom of the queue once again.

Thanks!

The Blue Iris support team
There are multiple threads on how to simply resolve this issue. If you have never changed your password for the local host account just leave the password blank. Otherwise enter a username and password that you have set up in Blue Iris before. Follow the instructions in the threads on how to remove the password request.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, thanks I re-installed(repaired) it. No I am where I was ever since the 4 updates ago. I get screen full of previously recorded alerts. I can click them to play, but I cannot get back to my main screen where I can see my 4 live cameras. I have previously triggered recordings but I would to find a way back to my main screen. Can you help? Nothing I tried works. I hope I do not have to re-install from scratch!