email TEST FAIL is driving me crazy, I need help please

Reaction score
Dear All,

Is anyone experiencing difficulties with Gmail and Yahoo? I have been trying to set my NVR to send emails for almost 3 days trying all possible combinations with no luck.

My NVR is DS-7716NI-E4 and the firmware i have is the latest : V3.4.92. The SMTP settings here dont show the TLS option.
On the camera 2CD2642 which has the latest firmware V5.5.0, the SMTP settings INCLUDE the TLS option.

What I tried so far:
On Gmail : enabled apps with low security, enabled app password, generated a password
On NVR : all possible combinations of SSL (no TLS here), port 465, 587, with SSL and without, FAIL FAIL FAIL
On Camera : all possible combinations of SSL AND TLS, port 465, 587, with STARTTLS and without, ALL FAIL FAIL FAIL

On Yahoo : enabled apps with low security
On Camera : SUCCESS with these settings : smtp.mail.yahoo.com / 587 / TLS / Enable STARTTLS
On NVR : all fail since there is no TLS

The camera and NVR are on same network, with same allowances from router, so this eliminates any problem resulting from router blocking or anything, since the camera worked with Yahoo.

Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson, thanks for your reply. I will try the 3.4.98.

Yes I tried EVERY possible combination, and yes, in the beginning before doing the app password I tried with the regular gmail password it failed, that's why I followed some guide saying I should set the app password on gmail.

Which firmware are you running and do you have a gmail account on it?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try having a look through my thread as I had the same issues. Maybe you'll see some settings that I changed which eventually will work for you.

Gmail Setup .... "Test" Fails