Emailing scheduled snapshots. How?

Reaction score
Okay, I just can't get my head around the schedule - trigger - alert relationships.

First I created a cloned camera. Then set the following.

Camera settings -- Schedule. I created three separate scheduled events. 9am 1pm 4pm each with the function "snapshot"

Camera settings -- Trigger. Apart from turning off Motion Sensor, I did nothing here.

Camera settings -- Alerts. Fire when "this camera is triggered" "send an email message"

When I test the alert I receive the snapshot I'm looking for. Mail servers, recipient, etc are all configured correctly. However, I'm just not getting the scheduled snaps. To my thinking the scheduled snapshot event is essentially a trigger. The alert is set to forward a snap when triggered. I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure out what it is.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I just can't get my head around the schedule - trigger - alert relationships.

First I created a cloned camera. Then set the following.

Camera settings -- Schedule. I created three separate scheduled events. 9am 1pm 4pm each with the function "snapshot"

Camera settings -- Trigger. Apart from turning off Motion Sensor, I did nothing here.

Camera settings -- Alerts. Fire when "this camera is triggered" "send an email message"

When I test the alert I receive the snapshot I'm looking for. Mail servers, recipient, etc are all configured correctly. However, I'm just not getting the scheduled snaps. To my thinking the scheduled snapshot event is essentially a trigger. The alert is set to forward a snap when triggered. I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure out what it is.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
snapshot is not a trigger. simply select "trigger" as the function.

Reaction score
Okay. Three events scheduled, all set to trigger. I'll check it tomorrow, but it seemed like it was something simple I was missing. Thanks much.

Kelly

Reaction score
Okay. Three events scheduled, all set to trigger. I'll check it tomorrow, but it seemed like it was something simple I was missing. Thanks much.

Kelly
Setting schedule to "trigger" rather then snapshot worked perfectly. Looking back, it makes sense. Before, snapshot made sense. Live and learn. Thnak you for the tip.

Kelly