Empire Security Camera ipc-1-v(3.0)

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 Empire Security ipc-1-v(3.0) cameras that no longer work. I was wondering if there's any camera with similar specs I can just swap them out with? Or better yet if anyone has an specs on these things? These cameras were already installed before I arrived, and can't seem to find anything on google regarding them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 Empire Security ipc-1-v(3.0) cameras that no longer work. I was wondering if there's any camera with similar specs I can just swap them out with? Or better yet if anyone has an specs on these things? These cameras were already installed before I arrived, and can't seem to find anything on google regarding them.
Those are really old IP cameras... Just walk them out with newer models see the Cliff notes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks! any suggestions? I'm really just looking for something similar to these that will plug right in POE.
You don't want something similar those cameras we're probably 720P...
Any modern IP camera will plug straight in... What are you using to record?
Look at the dahua starlight 1080p turrets

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
You don't want something similar those cameras we're probably 720P...
Any modern IP camera will plug straight in... What are you using to record?
Look at the dahua starlight 1080p turrets
Its just the building I work at. I just want to make sure once I plug them in they will work. one time I plugged in a cheap riolink to test it out and nothing happened. I'd like to avoid that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its just the building I work at. I just want to make sure once I plug them in they will work. one time I plugged in a cheap riolink to test it out and nothing happened. I'd like to avoid that.
it will never "just work" there is setup required. You have yet to answer what you use to record.

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
it will never "just work" there is setup required. You have yet to answer what you use to record.
I've been looking at the NVR and theres nothing indicating a brand or even a model number on the unit. I'm still trying to figure it out. the only thing I was able to find was a mini CD with a blue panda on it that shows some screenshots and user manual. However, there is no name or model on any of the word documents.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the NVR and theres nothing indicating a brand or even a model number on the unit. I'm still trying to figure it out. the only thing I was able to find was a mini CD with a blue panda on it that shows some screenshots and user manual. However, there is no name or model on any of the word documents.
The NVR likely supports onvif so you should be able to get most cameras to "work". You will have to log into the nvr and post screenshots. Might be time to replace everything.

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to test an amcrest ip2m-844ew camera which has Onvif. When I plug it in it gets power, but wont play anything back I'll post pics shortly.

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
yea I know. Im going to have to manually assign this camera right?

jpov12

n3wb
Reaction score
it wont be plug and play.
Ok so the NVR is an ES-NVR1U1080P-8. are there any cameras that will work with this NVR? sorry for all of the questions, I know very little about all of this and I got tasked with making something work.