Empire security cameras work with Dahua or Eyesurv Ion nvr?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just like the subject says has anyone tried the Empire security cameras out with the Eyesurv Ion NVR or Dahua NVR? I came across an empire security camera for cheap a while back and wanted to see if it would work with a ion nvr. I have a empire security hybrid nvr at home.

I use Dahua based stuff in all my installs...just wanted something cheap at home..

I would love to find the place that empire security cameras buy their cameras from just to see who it is.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Empires "ES-NVR1U1080P-8" is the exact same thing as the EYEsurv ESDV-NVRION-8. Which leads me to believe that their cameras will not only work with the ION but I bet they will be fully compatible with motion detection, etc. I could be wrong but I bet I'm not. :)

From my experience so far, the Dahua cameras and EYEsurv ESDV-NVRION-8 have paired great together especially when it comes to ONVIF compatibility.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Empires "ES-NVR1U1080P-8" is the exact same thing as the EYEsurv ESDV-NVRION-8. Which leads me to believe that their cameras will not only work with the ION but I bet they will be fully compatible with motion detection, etc. I could be wrong but I bet I'm not. :)

From my experience so far, the Dahua cameras and EYEsurv ESDV-NVRION-8 have paired great together especially when it comes to ONVIF compatibility.
Ryan I use your ion cms aoftware for my hybrid fortunately its the only thing ive.bought from them

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ryan any idea how to add a hikvision camera to the ION dvr? I am using the empire security nvr hybrid and I figured it would be the same/.....

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a ion nvr that I can try but was trying to make it still be in perfectly new condition

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes they do. The hybrid does a good job actually but the customer service from the other guy is pretty poor. So I stick with nellys

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah to add a Hikvision camera to the Hybrid go to 'digital channels' and add it as an ONVIF camera and port 80 and put in the password.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got it added Ryan but it only shows the extra stream and not the main stream.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Is your Hik cam set to 3MP? If so drop it down to 1080p. If that doesn't work, I don't know, call Empire. :)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your Hik cam set to 3MP? If so drop it down to 1080p. If that doesn't work, I don't know, call Empire. :)
Haha not sure if empire is taking my calls

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I rebooted the dvr after lowering it to 720 so dont know if it was the resolution or needed a reboot. Ill try it at 1080