EmpireTech Config Tool

halexh

n3wb
Reaction score
Just purchased 5x IPC-T5442T-ZEB cameras for integration with Frigate. Trying to initialize just the first one using ConfigTool and I am having some issues. I have only it hooked up to a PoE switch, who is then hooked into my main switch. The device is being found by ConfigTool, but initialization shows some unintuitive results.

1.png

Here you can see it clearly was identified, even though my gateway is different from the 192.168.1.255 that the cameras default to.

2.png

Clicking Initialize with the 1st device selected, brings up the Device Initialization popup seen above.

3.png

Clicking Initialize within the popup prompts me to fill out the following information. Unselected email address as I do not want to provide that.

4.png

Then it prompts me for these two checkboxes, both of which I do not want at all, but if I dont select both of them, it automatically fails initialization.

5.png

Lastly, I click OK and it fails (as indicated by the exclamation mark orange triangle icon). Clicking that triangle icon provides the Details popup which indicates Config Result: Device Initialized....? Yet the status on the main section of Config Tool still displays Uninitialized.

What am I dong wrong?