EmpireTech Item Name Adding,important

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

In order to make our client know easier for the product we sell, will use the Item name instead of Model Name on the amazon list for some cams we sell currently. Camera function/working no change.
So each camera will have a product name and a model No.
IPC-T5442T-ZE model Name, item name is IPC-T54IR-ZE.

IPC(IP Camera)
T(Turret)
5(5 series)
4(4mp)
IR(Infrared Radiation ,Camera illumination way)
Z(Motirized lens)
E(ePOE/POE)
A =Audio
S means SD card.
1684912961786.png

Last edited:

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how adding yet another cross-reference name/model number makes things any easier for customers: frankly it just adds to the already confusing situation where the Dahua and Andy/Empiretech model names don't perfectly align, now we add a third naming option. Was this really necessary?
Don't get me wrong, we all recognize the great service that Andy provides, I just can't help but wonder how this helps anyone.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could it be that Dahua is desiring to separate Andy's business from their normal distribution line? Thus the need to establish a different camera numbering scenario. Or is Dahua getting pressure from their dealers in that Andy's sales are cutting into their sales and would like to eliminate this alternative purchasing path. All guesses on my part....

Agree, that adding another camera numbering system will complicate the process. If this is implemented will Andy supply a data sheet with his number plus the original Dahua camera number so that folks know what they are buying? Will this numbering change increase returns due to purchasing the 'wrong' camera?

If making a claim for a stolen but insured camera, will the insurance company honer a model number that does not directly correlate with the original Dahua model?

In my opinion the use of KISS should be applied and not a PITA scenario.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn’t this a case of Andy wanting to rename the models he sells to make it easier for his customers to identify key features of the device?

That’s the way I understood it.