Empiretech NVR - Video download/export

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently set up a Dahua system using an Empiretech NVR5208-8P-4KS2E NVR. I have the unit connected to a TV and can export video directly to a USB drive, but I was wondering about web access. It seems that I cannot access the export function on web access unless I use Internet Explorer. I tried this using remote web access from my work PC and it worked. My issue is that I run Debian Linux on all my PCs at home. I cannot see any export function in Firefox on Linux. I read that SmartPSS is the preferred way to export video, but then I found that it is Windows and Mac only? I ran SmartPSS in a virtual machine but it is a difficult way to export video having to run Windows 10 in a VM and then copy everything to a USB/storage device. Is there a Linux compatible solution to easily export/download video?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
This is one of several reasons I run dual boot on the linux machines. I don't have to boot windows very often, so just about every time I do the damn win 10 loads an update I don't want and I sometimes have to de-crap it again later. For me it works better to download video from the web interface and IE11, than using smartPss. Every version of smartPss seems to work a bit differently.