Enable H264+

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E Nvr. Would i benefit from selecting the H264+ option?

Any reason that is not selected as default?

TJ01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I've been using h264+ Since the recent camera 5.4.5 software release. I'm running 4 2042 cams on 7608 nvr. My 7tb was filling up around 23 days. Since using this codec it's now running at about 73 days. The only down side I can see is a slight pulsing on a part of the screen now and again. Also the h264+ has problems with a few iOS apps like vlc playing back the video. For the extra space I'm happy and hope future updates refine it.

Reactions: RBW

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Playback on the recorder can also be problemaitc with 264+, give it a go and see how you get on - its not recommended for scenes that change alot - i.e. a road with lots of traffic.

Reactions: RBW

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've tried it on my Hik NVR with Hik cameras and have found problems with the cameras either locking up intermittently (no recorded video) or crashing and requiring rebooting. The NVR also behaves weirdly and will play back recordings with the indicated time display racing but the footage stalled. Given it's not been reliable I don't use it.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny isn't it - for a feature Hik has been keen to push and rave on about, nothing but problems and no fix with all the latest firmwares...

H265+ on the other hand, little has been said about it and it appears to work great on my Hik NVR and IP Dome.