Enclosure for NVR

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need to install an 8-port Hikvision NVR in some sort of enclosure to be installed in a large shed where damp/condensation will occur. It's at a remote farm and I have been asked to install security cameras outside and cameras inside to monitor livestock.

Has anyone got any recommendations for what to use or have any pics of what they have used in a similar case?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are products like this: Outdoor Cabinets - Outdoor Electrical Enclosures - CableOrganizer.com
but they're expensive and more than you need and temperature could be a concern.

Most racks aren't fully enclosed as ventilation is required for cooling. Some kind of rack/cabinet with some damprid in the bottom might get the job done.

It may be a better option to put a switch in the shed and use a point to point wifi link back to the main building and locate the NVR there.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

P2P is a no go. Remote farm is miles away and major hills in between.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Put a light bulb down low in whichever rack you use, one of those long life 10,000 hr incandescent ones if you can still find them. More reliable if you're using it as a heater. The heat from the bulb will take care of much of the moisture. Turn the bulb off in the summer. Or a small 110v cube heater. If that isn't enough (might seem Mickey Mouse to the client), you might have to build an enclosure for the NVR rack and put a small dehumidifier in it. Run the hose outlet down through the bottom of the secondary enclosure so you won't have to keep draining it. Temperature control (small heater with a thermostat) will be needed in the enclosure to ensure the dehumidifier doesn't ice up when the temperature drops. Either that or I've seen combo dehumidifiers with small heaters built in.