Enough room to hide cables in PFB203W?

Reaction score
I'm looking at using a PFB203W to mount a Dahua 5321 turret to a brick wall. This particular location just has CAT6 sticking through the brick with no junction box. Is there enough room to hide the RJ45 connection of the camera in the top of the camera (or in the PFB203W)? I really would like to avoid drilling another hole in the brick to hide the cables.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at using a PFB203W to mount a Dahua 5321 turret to a brick wall. This particular location just has CAT6 sticking through the brick with no junction box. Is there enough room to hide the RJ45 connection of the camera in the top of the camera (or in the PFB203W)? I really would like to avoid drilling another hole in the brick to hide the cables.
Hi @LollerAgent

There's quite a bit of room inside the PFB203W for cables and pigtail from the IP camera.

katamara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there enough room to fit a poe injector also?

katamara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Depends on the size of the injector, but probably not.
Thanks. I'm trying to figure out what my mounting options would be for this camera and mount.
-can a junction box be used, will a junction box attach/fit on this mount

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying to figure out what my mounting options would be for this camera and mount.
-can a junction box be used, will a junction box attach/fit on this mount
You may want to see what is available at home depot / lowes / local hardware store that you can use to support the wall mount and has enough room to store an injector

katamara

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why not put the injector in the house? No need for it at the camera.
Because where the wire is coming out of the house and where the camera is placed is a few feet apart.

I'm using this type of injector: Amazon.com : 5 Pairs Passive PoE Injector and PoE Splitter Kit with 5.5x2.1 mm DC Connector RJ45 Power Over Ethernet : Camera & Photo

I guess I could put the injector inside the house, and then use a gender changer to extend the network wire and add an extension to the power connector and run the 2 wires to the outside of the house. But this isnt ideal.

It may be just easier to replace my switch with a POE one.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Because where the wire is coming out of the house and where the camera is placed is a few feet apart.

I'm using this type of injector: Amazon.com : 5 Pairs Passive PoE Injector and PoE Splitter Kit with 5.5x2.1 mm DC Connector RJ45 Power Over Ethernet : Camera & Photo

I guess I could put the injector inside the house, and then use a gender changer to extend the network wire and add an extension to the power connector and run the 2 wires to the outside of the house. But this isnt ideal.

It may be just easier to replace my switch with a POE one.
Go for a small decent switch.. you've already spent a lot of time on this one...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Put in a small PoE switch and save yourself some headaches, especially if you plan on adding more cameras. They are addictive you know.